Second Skin Audio

Issue with my subs..

So i tried my old hu hooked to it and it still did it. Still wasn't convinced it was the amp. so i looked under the hood at the fuse. The middle part of the fuse looked fine so i knew the fuse wasn't blown, but one side of the fuse holder was like melted to the ring terminal. So i took my volt meter and the side closes to the battery was reading 12.8v and the other side was reading 12.00v not that it's a huge difference. Also noticed the burnt side of it the fuse, the ring terminal was VERY hot, and the other side was cool. So i'm gonna change out the fuse and holder tomorrow and see. But does anyone think this would have an impact on what i'm experiencing? I mean, the fuse and holder needs to be replaced regardless. I'm hoping thats all it is, like maybe the fuse being f'd up, the power wasn't able to transfer through like it should, if that makes sense.

2004 Explorer Limited

24" Lexani "pyros" wrapped in 255/30/24 pirelli's

270 Amp MechMan Alt.

(2)Stinger SPP-2150's

(2)Sundown NightShade 15's

IA 40.1

replace the fuse holder and fuse IMMEDIATELY. melted shit is NOT GOOD. stuff like that can happen when there are loose connections on the fuse holder itself, whether its the bolts that hold the fuse in (for ANL specifically) or for the little screws that hold the wire down.

Thats the thing, they weren't loose at all because i was thinking the same thing. Do you think that may of been the problem with what i had going on?

Edited by 04SDExplorer

2004 Explorer Limited

24" Lexani "pyros" wrapped in 255/30/24 pirelli's

270 Amp MechMan Alt.

(2)Stinger SPP-2150's

(2)Sundown NightShade 15's

IA 40.1