Second Skin Audio

RE SE 15" --> Fi Recone.. power handling? Fi equivelant?

I just recently bought a re cone kit for a RE SE 15" old style with the 12 spoke basket.

I upgraded to dual spiders, aluminum coil, internal leads etc. Fully loaded with every option they had.

The original RE SE cone had a thin saggy, weak single spider, regular leads,and a copper coil.

What is my new cone equivelant to in the Fi line? Anything?

What is your guess for RMS and max power rating on the new cone? The original handleed about 1000-1200 max.

I am hoping this cone with the upgrades will handle closer to 800 rms or so... what do you think?

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

I am still waiting for a official word from fi directly, but on their support forum nick (I think thats his name, stang) posted a quick one liner 800-900???

So I don't know if he meant RMS or max, but I am assuming RMS. I will post back when I get the official email back from Fi.

I curiously enough didn't see this information posted on their recone site. I know since the cones are custom order and can be customized all power handling will be different.

I will let you guys know when I hear back.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

so i emailed fi last night got an email this morning and there telling me that the rms will still be around 600 and that the higher cooling/power handling comes from there motor designs not the soft parts. so looks like mine and your recones will still be about stock. looks like im not gona splurge on the flatwound coils after all

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

so i emailed fi last night got an email this morning and there telling me that the rms will still be around 600 and that the higher cooling/power handling comes from there motor designs not the soft parts. so looks like mine and your recones will still be about stock. looks like im not gona splurge on the flatwound coils after all

I loaded mine with the flat wound because I intend to sell it locally. I actually am not using the sub in my setup at all, I just picked up the motor for free and decided to recone it.

I know they offer the soft part options for a reason, and I am sure they contribute even just slightly to the power handling. I know the double spider is money well spent, as well as the internal leads if you intend to keep the sub.

But the flat wound wasnt much more in cost, and will be an added selling point for me.

When did you place your order?

i havnt placed it yet ive been debating on if i should max it out or just get a basic recone

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i havnt placed it yet ive been debating on if i should max it out or just get a basic recone

Are you keeping it or reselling?

Personally the price difference was maybe, $25 difference between fully loaded and basic. To me, thats money well spent rather I am re selling or keeping it. And there are other advantages to the flat wound besides power handling.

I also opted for the dual spiders.

I ordered mine around the ... oh 15th or so, and I dont think it has shipped yet. It takes a while apparently to get them out. But I am sure it's worth the wait.

im planning to keep it been working on building a pair of se 12s these are my first legit subs so i plan to keep them till im old lol i should just splurge but being 19 with no job and working on getting my car fixed body wise and painted things are getting tight lol ill prolly end up selling my ps3 and getting maxed out recones and maybe an amp might put it up on ebay i got alot of games and stuff so im hoping for 350 or more

Edited by hifonics10