2003 Mazda 6 build TL ALT IS HERE!

There 35w balasts. I didnt get to choose whether they were 35s or 55s lol but even tho there 10k, in person they have that stock zenon look to them, which is good because I havent get pulled over, knock on wood haha cops around this area are super stingy about lights etc etc etc.

maybe i should talk to the company about getting so 55w if they have them?

if they're plenty bright now I wouldn't bother in all honesty. 55w ballast use more juice and cost a good bit more lol. I think its fine the way it is lol, Just put the relay harness in

alright thanks my dude

Team NWSPLUPCOMING BUILD (when I afford it)

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.

So I got my new amp yesterday!!! Didnt have time to put it up on here, I had to work all last night. Its not going to be installed just yet. I decided that since I will be getting a second one of these so I can clamp them, I going to wait and spend the time and money to beef up my electrical. It just sounded like the smart thing to do instead of get both THEN have to get all the stuff for the electrical side of it. In the next month, I plan on getting two batteries, one of front and one for the rear. Either XS or Kinetik, just trying to get ahold of both to see what would be my best bet of what would be optimal for what Im gonna be running, with a some room to also run a 4-channel to run my front stage.

Anyways, on to the pics:

img00112201108291727.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Even knowing the dimesions of the amp before it ariving, I was really surpised how bulky it really was.

It also came with bass knob haha

img001132011082917293.jpg

Master/slave imput.... bass knob imput.... low pass frequecy, subsonic filter, bass eq, gain knobs..

img00115201108291730.jpg

Power and Ground imputs arent really that big ( cant really tell in the picture but looking at it when I got it, they were pretty small) I need to find some adapters ( I saw on here some one put an bus bar type thing in there power and grounds to allow more runs to a single amp) to fit some 1/0 gauge.... then 3 40A fuses.

img00114201108291723.jpg

Im pretty excited to get all my electrical done up and getting a second one of these to see what kind of damage I can do to my car ;)

Also if anyone makes or knows where I can get some type of adapters/bus bar type thing to allow 1/0 gauge to go to the amp could you point me in the right direction? or would a distribution block work fine?

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.

This is sort of a to do list of things I plan on doing, but is always subject to change due to money etc.

2 XS power batteries (3400 and 3100)

H/O alt (If I can find one for my car.. either DC, mechman or singer if possible)

Second Cadence Flash F1200-1D

2 Sets of components (havent decided on which brand)

Cadence Flash F400-4

Im trying to go for, at least in the amp part of the build, the same brand. Shout out to Audio Savings for a great deal on my Cadence amp. But that pretty much about covers it for now, Im kind of holding off on getting subs for now, not cause of money, just to see what one of these will do with the subs I have now, just on 2 ohms. lol

let me know what you think.

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

Go to woofersetc.com (there might be another place that has them to) but they are made by stinger, and you can get adapters. Cant tell you exactly were they are on the site, but im pretty sure its under distro. Blocks.

If those are 8 gauge then youll prolly have to get 2 adapters. Which you really dont need zero gauge but its way cooler so id be doing the same thing you are.

I just want a good amount of power to go to the amps lol but thanks I will look to see what they have.

Just looked for them, and found them. I didnt find them under distro. blocks, I just searched all there products cause Im already bored at work.

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

Today was payday, soooo I went out about bought some door speakers.

1 Set of Focal Access 6.5" components

1 Set of Focal access 5x7 coaxial speakers

I could have put some 6.5 coaxial speakers in the back, but that would have started a whole other part because I would have had to make brackets to fit in the 5x7 spots where the speaker would go. To avoid that I just went with the 5x7. Dont have any pics of the 5x7s themselves cause I was to excited to take pics before I put them in, But they sure do sound awesome.

Dont have the front components in yet, I will tomorrow and get a video of the sound quality. ( and its just of the HU for now)

On to the pics:

6.5" woofers

img00122201109061706.jpg

Both Crossovers. I plan on mounting these badboys in the cubby hole that in my door. I have some velcro that I will stick on the door and on the back of the crossover for easy access of pulling it off the velcro and tuning. If I were to put it anywhere else, it would require pulling and ripping shit apart and Large amounts of speaker wire that I dont need necessarily.

img00123201109061706.jpg

Both Tweeters. The reason why one looks like its has some type of housing on it, well cause it does, is Im trying mount just the tweeter itself in the housing that the factory tweeters came with.

img00124201109061706.jpg

Tweeter in the factory tweeter housing. I just thought that this would be the best option rather than cutting into the door and mounting them there. btw, grizzly wintergreen FTW!

img00125201109061707.jpg

Where the factory housing goes.

img00126201109061708.jpg

So thats about it for now, I will try and remember to take pictures of the actual install, but knowing me I will forget.

Let me know what you think.

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

Soooo, I got my front components in.. but there not the focals that I got in the first place.. It was kind of my fault by just going off everything I search about what the stock speakers size instead of actually pulling the panels off and looking for myself. In fact they are both 5x7, front and rear doors. I didnt put 4x7 in the front doors becuase, iirc the only company that ive heard of that makes 5x7 components is JL audio. No car audio store around carries my area and I wouldnt have got them because I would have paid out the ass for them. So I got a pair of 5 1/4 components with a 5x7 bracket..

I will explain as I go along with the pics

Here are the two 5 1/4 woofers.

img00137201109111545.jpg

The two crossovers. They have two settings, a 0db and 3 db gain.

img00135201109111543.jpg

These are the two brackets that fit the 5 1/4. The reason it has two holes is if you want to put your tweeter down next to the woofer, I didnt since I was putting mine in the factory housing.

img00136201109111544.jpg

This is what it looks like in the doors. The foam that I put on both sides covers up that hole for the tweeter.

img00140201109111708.jpg

I thought This was a good place for the crossovers in case im tuning and I want to move the switch on the crossover. There in the same place on both doors

img00141201109111733.jpg

Heres a little video of what it sounds like. The shitty blackberry quality doesnt do the video any justice.

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

So I couldnt take it anymore, I put my amp in.

For only 760 watts RMS going to the subs, the subs hit hard, imo haha

Still have to mess with the tuning a bit to get it just right. I have a video uploading right now and will post that once its done. Its on a a better video recorder but it doesnt pick of the bass and distort the sound which is good but take it from me it does hit pretty hard.

let me know what you think.

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

Archived