they might not be as bright as neons but for my neon im thinking about doing underbody wheel well and interior lighting all in red. now ive seen boxes you can get that will light up your lights to the music but they way ive always done it is hooked the lights right up to the amp only time ive ever had problems was with using normal leds

http://cgi.ebay.com/60-LED-Flexible-Strip-Light-Waterproof-3528-RED-12v-2mm-/110666911103?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c4430d7f#ht_2829wt_905

ive used stuff like this with no problem so im thinking about doing something like these style lights hooked up to a 4 channel amp that will also be doing my 6 1/2s and 6x9s.

so these are my questions 1 is using lights such as these with a speaker on an amp a bad idea. ive done it before with no problems the other thing is i would like to be able to turn them off and im not sure how i would wire that with a single toggle switch to cut off all 4 lights. my plan is to have a light on each channel. what do you guys think? just wanting the inside lighting to go with the music not the outside lights.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

they might not be as bright as neons but for my neon im thinking about doing underbody wheel well and interior lighting all in red. now ive seen boxes you can get that will light up your lights to the music but they way ive always done it is hooked the lights right up to the amp only time ive ever had problems was with using normal leds

http://cgi.ebay.com/60-LED-Flexible-Strip-Light-Waterproof-3528-RED-12v-2mm-/110666911103?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c4430d7f#ht_2829wt_905

ive used stuff like this with no problem so im thinking about doing something like these style lights hooked up to a 4 channel amp that will also be doing my 6 1/2s and 6x9s.

so these are my questions 1 is using lights such as these with a speaker on an amp a bad idea. ive done it before with no problems the other thing is i would like to be able to turn them off and im not sure how i would wire that with a single toggle switch to cut off all 4 lights. my plan is to have a light on each channel. what do you guys think? just wanting the inside lighting to go with the music not the outside lights.

If the LED's are DC current only, I'm 99% sure you can say forget it to hooking them up to amplifiers...I have no idea if they make AC LED's & such, or I would probably have had them hooked up already...

POTATO!

If the LED's are DC current only, I'm 99% sure you can say forget it to hooking them up to amplifiers...I have no idea if they make AC LED's & such, or I would probably have had them hooked up already...

Actually, even though the speaker outputs are AC voltage, LED's do work through these outputs. I've done it many times myself, and never had any problems with LED's...neons on the other hand will explode into a million pieces. BUT, I have no idea how this would effect your impedence levels.

mivtCK.png