Second Skin Audio

to be honest man id go with sealed box I got a 13w6 in a ported box and it will hit them low notes good but not to happy with all the other notes it plays.. I also have 2 10w3v3 in sealed box and I couldnt be happier for 10s Im getting ready to put the 13w6 in sealed box today or tomorrow I like more SQ then a couple loud notes out of a ported box and if they dont build the ported box right it will sound like shit

to be honest man id go with sealed box I got a 13w6 in a ported box and it will hit them low notes good but not to happy with all the other notes it plays.. I also have 2 10w3v3 in sealed box and I couldnt be happier for 10s Im getting ready to put the 13w6 in sealed box today or tomorrow I like more SQ then a couple loud notes out of a ported box and if they dont build the ported box right it will sound like shit

My girlfriends brother has 2 12w6's in a sealed box on an elemental amp and it gets loud, and has pretty good sq, there are some notes his subs cant hit though. im wondering if mine would be able to hit lower notes in a sealed box, or if i should just go with a ported. The guy at the shop who is building the box does a good job, ive seen his work before and people are rarely left dissapointed so im not worried about the ported box turning out wrong. I just want to be able to hit lows and it be loud.

Hibatch

6.5 infinity components

6x9 infinity coax

infinity 611a amp

2 13" JL w3's ported

Big 3

My girlfriends brother has 2 12w6's in a sealed box on an elemental amp and it gets loud, and has pretty good sq, there are some notes his subs cant hit though. im wondering if mine would be able to hit lower notes in a sealed box, or if i should just go with a ported. The guy at the shop who is building the box does a good job, ive seen his work before and people are rarely left dissapointed so im not worried about the ported box turning out wrong. I just want to be able to hit lows and it be loud.

yeah my brother has a 12w6 in a ported box and it knocks I built a ported box for my boys 2 rockford fosgate 12 HX2 and his shit beats both of them have SUVs I built a ported box for my 13w6 at 32hz and to be honest I dont like it.. my 2 10w3 sound better and they are in sealed box and trust me youll get low deep bass in sealed enclosures. If you have the room and a SUV go ported but I believe all my JLs sound better in sealed boxs but Im in a truck by the way all I have is JL products JL 1000/1 on 13w6 500/1 on 2 10w3v3 and getting my JL 300/4 fixed for highs and mids.. so really its if you want SQ (sound quality) which is what JL is made for except the w7 go sealed My opinion anyway people will argue ported vs sealed for days its what you want a few Loud notes go ported a nice crisp bass also gets low go sealed plus you can damage the sub in ported box alot easier

ok man so i just finished my sealed box for 13w6 and must say I like it better.. more solid crisper bass.. the ported box may of been a little and i mean a little louder on a few notes but overall I like the sealed better.. But im one of those people who worry about what it sounds like on the inside of my truck instead of the outside but my neighbor did come over and he said i was rattling more shit in his house with the sealed then the ported.. just wanted to get back with you and let you know my results but everybody is different.. hope this helped and good luck