Second Skin Audio

NEED BOX HELP!!!!

BIG GANT

This will be my first box build so go easy on me if i ask any dumb questions

im going to be running a single 12" AA mayhem on an audiopipe 3000.1

according to some of the online "calculations", which i have no idea if there accurate or not, 30"W x 17"H x 14"D will give me 3.2 cubic feet.

I would like to tune the box to around 36 hz.

A port size calculator told me in order to achieve that tune i would need a port 3" wide and 18" tall and the length of the port would be about 26" long. i would have the port coming out on one of the sides. Should i mount the sub in the middle or farthest away from the side which the port is exposed.

and if anyone could tell if these calculations are correct it would be appreciated

You may want to check out the Torres calculator for creating your box. It's very accurate and has a lot of room to play around with when it comes to your specifications. Also, the best thing to do would be to look at the specifications sheet of your subwoofer or find it online and use that to figure out what would be an appropriate size for your box.

well the box should be 1.5-3.0 cubic feet. and the displacement of the sub is .18 so i figured if 3.20 would give me 3.02 cubic feet. i feel my dimensions are ok im just curious about the port if the calculations are correct

Archived