Sundown Audio

JBL or SPL?

3kout

I'm going to be installing a single 15" AA Havoc soon and I want to run it as close to it's RMS as possible or slightly more, at the moment anyway. the amps I'm looking at are the JBL 14001 and the SPL Dynamics ICE 1500D.

I've previously had two JBL amps and I've been happy with theirr performance, I'm just wondering how the SPL amps compare to the JBL? the SPL will give me 280 more watts of power, according to the specs but at a different impedance, I think the JBL puts out 1200 Watts at 4 Ohms and the SPL puts out 1480 Watts at 1 Ohm, which would you guys recommend for a single Havoc?

Edited by 3kout

I'm going to be installing a single 15" AA Havoc soon and I want to run it as close to it's RMS as possible or slightly more, at the moment anyway. the amps I'm looking at are the JBL 14001 and the SPL Dynamics ICE 1500D.

I've previously had two JBL amps and I've been happy with theirr performance, I'm just wondering how the SPL amps compare to the JBL? the SPL will give me 280 more watts of power, according to the specs but at a different impedance, I think the JBL puts out 1200 Watts at 4 Ohms and the SPL puts out 1480 Watts at 1 Ohm, which would you guys recommend for a single Havoc?

ive heard nothiing but good things about spl dynamics amps...... clean, elegant, and POWERFUL. :)

The main problem in deciding is they are EXACTLY the same price, where I'm getting it from anyway, and with that little extra power the SPL seems to be a winner at the moment. Also does the SPL amp come with the remote bass controller? I know the JBL's don't as I had to by one for my 7001, but I tried searching for the SPL remote control and didn't come up with any results.

+1 to JBL here. I have run them for years. I have never had a single issue with them, and the customer service is wonderful. Prices are great for what they are.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |