Ported Enclosure parameters F3 vs FB

My friend has an prefab enclosure that is roughly 1.84 cubic ft, with 18 sq in of port area.... the Fb of the enclosure is 39hz (tuning frequency) and the F3 of the enclosure is 32 hz...my question is is the enclosure tuned to 39 hz or 32 hz and i know its hard for anybody to say for sure without actual testing and what not. but with you alls knowledge could you answer the following.. will his woofer a Fi BL 12 play loud and low to the 32 hz without over excursion or will the woofer/enclosure start to unload at 32hz. I would love a explantion of Fb and F3 as well thanks!!!

its tuned to 39hz and the -3dB point on the lower end is 32hz. -3dB because that's when you will start to hear a noticeable change, for normal ears. Basically.

It depends on a lot of things if the sub will bottom out at 32hz or not. You should have a subsonic filter and use it according to the loading and power you have.

Edited by slim2fattycake

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

its tuned to 39hz and the -3dB point on the lower end is 32hz. -3dB because that's when you will start to hear a noticeable change, for normal ears. Basically.

It depends on a lot of things if the sub will bottom out at 32hz or not. You should have a subsonic filter and use it according to the loading and power you have.

ok thanks