Second Skin Audio

SoundStream XXX 15'' Box desgin

So i have a macbook and cant run torres' box calc.... I'm relying on RE box cal and 12volt. Now my question here is which one is right or did i do something wrong here. Here is the Re box cal info.

width 28.5 height 20 top/bot depth 17 wood thickness .75 port width 2.75 port length 16. That comes out to 3.4 @ 31hz is that correct and if so ill just build this box... but i would like to get as much port area as i can and the best size out of that space. Let me know... Here is the12volt specs.

My box will be 28.5W x 17H x 20D the sub will fire up and port up. With just the box no port or sub yet it says that measurement with .75 wood = 4.48 cubes.

well my port based off the one on the re cal is 2.75W x 12.75H x 18.5D and port displacement is something around .35 cubes so then i just figure the sub is something about .3 and said the box is 3.8 after displacement so i put that where is asks for vb on slot port calc. Fb is 32 hz and gives me a 19'' long port. now how the hell do i figure out what the actual box volume is...

I want to have the box tuned to like 32hz or so and be 3.5cubes or bigger in the space provided there. with as much port area as possible. I'm not against using an areo port either. Can anyone help me.. lol

Oh and the XXX will be powered by an Addictive Audio 500.1 @ 1.2 ohms :D something around 5-6krms :yahoo:

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 XS Power D3400 (under hood)

1 Addictive Audio 500.1 :D

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

(New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)

to get your 31hrts you will need the port to be 15.5h 2in wide 19" long which is not 50in3 port but it will give you 31.35hrts with the dimensions you have and will be about 3.8ft3

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

oh and thats after sub and port displacement

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

Well the whole thing is i want this monster sub to get enough port area to sound amazing as well... So idk about shrinking it like that :/

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

to get your 31hrts you will need the port to be 15.5h 2in wide 19" long which is not 50in3 port but it will give you 31.35hrts with the dimensions you have and will be about 3.8ft3

Ill go measure tomorrow if its not raining and ill let you know if that works lol. thanks i didn't even think of that haha.

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

I kinda figured I need more port but I just dont think i have the room with the box. Tomorrow ill see how tall i can make it. with a shorter base. The problem is I need to put the batteries on each side of the box... If i didnt have to do that i could make it 36" wide... solve all my problems lol. I just have nowhere to put the damn batts in this small ass car. Scion tc FTL :(

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz