Jump to content

My way to 153.2dB @ 26Hz. Ford Express with 4x 15"


Recommended Posts

Posted

This is the build i did between 2009 - 2010, the text are taken from another forum so that´s why it sometimes sounds like the build is done now. It´s mostly copy and paste.

Please have in mind that this build was to 98% done by me alone without help and that it´s a budget build since I´m a student.

Here we go:

Here´s my B2 Audio build...

First layer:

DSCF0669.jpg?t=1237574586

Layer 2:

DSCF0674.jpg?t=1237574966

Layer 3:

DSCF0675.jpg?t=1237575026

Some boards:

DSCF0677.jpg?t=1237575093

DSCF0678.jpg?t=1237575127

DSCF0680.jpg?t=1237575248

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

Some damping, I used the cheap stuff, bitumen:

DSCF0673.jpg?t=1237578847

DSCF0670.jpg?t=1237579965

The roof:

DSCF0672.jpg?t=1237579914

DSCF0647.jpg?t=1237644236

Did a frame just to see if the box would fit, 1076L are quite big !

DSCF0646.jpg?t=1237644463

DSCF0639.jpg?t=1237644484

DSCF0638.jpg?t=1237644627

DSCF0635.jpg?t=1237644665

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

I have to cut the corners on the box and hit the metal with an hammer some times to make it fit.

DSCF0644.jpg?t=1237644837

This is the space between the box and the backdoors, lots of room left..... NOT! :lol:

DSCF0648.jpg?t=1237644743

Some toys, B2 Audio HS 15 and B2 Audio Mono.

DSCF0655.jpg?t=1237645147

DSCF0653.jpg?t=1237655267

DSCF0652.jpg?t=1237655146

DSCF0656.jpg?t=1237655341

DSCF0657.jpg?t=1237655437

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

This takes time... :sad:

DSCF0681.jpg?t=1237755149

DSCF0682.jpg?t=1237755547

DSCF0683.jpg

Only the center brace is done in this pic.

DSCF0684.jpg

The floor are finaly done!

DSCF0700.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

This is the backwall, I will add more bracing before it´s 100% done.

DSCF0686.jpg

DSCF0687.jpg

DSCF0688.jpg

DSCF0685.jpg

Test fit in the car, the blocks on top are to see the final hight.

DSCF0689.jpg

Starting on the roof.

DSCF0694.jpg

DSCF0695.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

Backwall and floor joined together.

DSCF0710.jpg

DSCF0709.jpg

Some bracing waiting on work.... :sad:

DSCF0703.jpg

DSCF0702.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

Started on a sidewall

DSCF0705.jpg

The roof is done, I think, I may add more if I still can fit the box through the doorhole :rolleyes:

DSCF0706.jpg

DSCF0707.jpg

Since I´m doing this build by my self I didn´t have anyone to hold the board when it was time to screw it down so I used an scrap pice to do it for me.

DSCF0712.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

Looks great sofar. more pics!

99 expedition

Two 15 inch dc audio xls

Ported box tunned to 34 hrtz

Soundstream pcx.2000d(better amp soon)

0 gauge

big three(soon)

Yellow top,(more batts soon)

Posted

To get an idea of the size of the box.

DSCF0716.jpg

DSCF0691.jpg

DSCF0692.jpg

DSCF0693.jpg

First test to fit the box in the car, the floor wasn´t screwed in this pic and the sidewalls wasn´t in the car.

DSCF0697.jpg

DSCF0699.jpg

The box needed to go 4" further in but I have to cut the corners and hit the metal with an hammer to be able to push it all the way inside the car.

DSCF0698.jpg

DSCF0718.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

box looks huge man, but now i'm more interest in that big ole boat in the background

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 477 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...