Sonic Electronix

My personal Situation is this: I have a single Eclipse Titanium Pro Comp 18" Woofer with 4 voice coils.

it is in a 5.22 cu ft enclosure tuned to about 33Hz.

for power im running (2) Boston GT-28 Amps fed by 1/0 Ga wire and a closely Paralleled Kinetik HC2400

Amps have juice and are supplied well... i have coils 1 & 2 wired to AMP1 and 3 & 4 to AMP2

2 ohms per amp... roughly max power should be 1300 to each coilpair.

setting the balance of both amplifier gains needs careful measurement and has been done in this manner... all inputs are summed so there is zero difference in channel input... Head unit is a Kenwood excelon kdc-x993 4v out

ran a test tone of 40hz oscoped the deck at 4.3V perfect AC sine wave at volume 30.

Also ran a white noise test from 20-30k and no clipping at this lever either.

onto the balancing... i made measurements of the coilpairs impedance and they were both exactly 1.9 Ohms.

set the kenwood up for max output at 40hz, hooked up inline Ac ampere meter to the first sub output and hooked a scope to the amp out as well.. went for max gain with no clipping and recorded the ampere and volt readings.

did this to the other amp as well and one was slightly higher by .004 volts, so matched them to the lower of the two and went with those numbers for balancing.

if anyone has any suggestions or comments or any more info as to balance amps, please let me know.

Thanks

Chris - Lightning Industries

Archived