I've done an 80% AR-15 before...but I have a close friend that's a gunsmith with a mill to CNC conversion. If you just have a mill you can use jigs to machine it, but it was really nice having the CNC parts to set everything. It can be done, but if this is your first time working on a gun I'd say just buy a complete lower, or just a complete gun.

I have a big frame drill press, but if i cant do with that i have access to mill. Im going to be buying the jigs for it too

Cnc have great instructions for finishing recivers

or less satisfying knowing you went to deep and ruined the part. build one from parts first. then go to 80%

there is a walk through though

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=484783

and that website is great anyway

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I would deff start with a parts build and go from there, I doubt you will stop at one anyway no one does

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

lol a parts build isn't fast you still need to match everything by hand to work perfectly

mcintoshsigz.png

Ive been doing a lot of digging on this...looking into building an AK tho. Got a registered receiver for this first build and will probably be using a flat(considered 80% for AK) & bending jig on the next build.

calguns.net is a great place for California gun owners.

We Californians can build our own guns as long as the receiver is not on the ban list and it is not built with the intent to sell. Also need to follow the California 922r compliance laws. A serial number/place of manufacture is not required but it will save you time and money if you are stopped by an officer of the law and they are not fully up to date with the assault rifle laws. There is also a great flowchart out there on the net that should be kept with the gun as well. They sell handles/buttstocks with compartments to hold this type of thing.

If you live in California visit calguns.net and know the laws before you begin. Even if you are innocent you might spend a ton of money on legal fees defending your rights.

2010 Rav4

Image Dynamics IDQ10 D4 v.3 (2)

ID XS65 Components

ID CTX6

2 Farad Cap

ID Q 450.4

ID Q 600.1

Kenwood KIV-BT900

A couple layers of Second Skin

First system in years and looking for good advice. Starting small and hoping to grow!!!

Archived