New Pro Audio Setup plan...

I'm hoping to really ramp up my live sound business here soon, so I'm trying to sell my current setup & work on a more band-oriented setup, as there has been a lack of festivals around here with inadequate sound. I've talked to a couple schools locally, and they really enjoy the idea, especially for dances & pep rallies, & I've got a couple leads to major festivals around here (Relay For Life, etc.) See what you guys think...

Mains (Pair): Electrovoice ELX215 2x15" + Horn Loudspeaker, $599.99 each

Subwoofers (Pair): Yamaha SW218V 2x18" Subwoofer, $629.99 each

Amplifiers (1 per pair of Mains, 1 per Subwoofer): Behringer EP2500 Amplifier, $299.99 Restock (Price may vary pending on where I buy from. I'm sticking with Behringers, I've already got two & they've NEVER let me down amp wise)

Monitors: Kustom KPC12MP 12" + Horn Monitors with Eminence ASD-1001 HF Driver (Used this combo on the unpowered version, and the sound was incredible :yahoo: )

Mixer: Choosing between

Allen & Heath ZED-428 28-Channel Mixer, $1,799

Allen & Heath Zed-436 36-Channel Mixer, $2,199

Mackie 3204-VLZ3 32-Channel Mixer w/ FX, $1,349

In regards to the mixer, I would go with the A&H, but budget is tight...It has all the features I'm looking for, but I've always had a good experience with my (only) Mackie product so far. Been in rain, heat, rough conditions, etc. and works great, plus it's a LOT cheaper...

DBX 15-band EQ (monitors), 31-band EQ (mains), 2/3-way Crossover, 14-Space racks, Live Wire/Monster Cable speaker cables, etc.

Will do this as a "build log" for the setup. Hopefully going to work something out once I figure out what cash I have on hand, as well as what I can sell from my current setup (If you want to know more, PM me. Peavey PR15's, DTH Concert Subs, QSC GX3 amp, Behringer EQ & Crossover, Mackie 1604-VLZ3).

Comments/suggestions? Thanks.

POTATO!

Archived