Sonic Electronix

my computer crashed last week so now i'm using wife's mom's notebook laptop. the slowest computer i've ever used. don't know what systems she has on here either

The formula was to assist in calculating tuning frequency. I have a spreadsheet that kind of does the same thing.

The Torres Calculator doesn't take much as far as resources to run. You sure you can't get it?

What are you running for an operating system? Anything XP or above should run it no problem. If you are running OSX or Linux, it might be another story.

i don't even have a box design yet. i have 13cubes total in trunk, sub specs call for 4cubes per sub, eight total, so i'd have to go with manufacturer specs to make sure i have enough airflow. it is my daily driver, so have to keep backseat. 6X9's have been moved so the holes are open, and rear seat armrest has been cut away so more sound comes in to cabin. really wanted to port into cabin, if it's possible. the sealed box i have now is 5.5cubes. measurements are 17"h 35"w 17"d

then can you give the dimensions of the box you have or plan to have, and what ports your wanting, and what subs will go in there and what power

with the right info, someone on here can do the math for you and use torres to get the tuning your looking for

i don't even have a box design yet. i have 13cubes total in trunk, sub specs call for 4cubes per sub, eight total, so i'd have to go with manufacturer specs to make sure i have enough airflow. it is my daily driver, so have to keep backseat. 6X9's have been moved so the holes are open, and rear seat armrest has been cut away so more sound comes in to cabin. really wanted to port into cabin, if it's possible. the sealed box i have now is 5.5cubes. measurements are 17"h 35"w 17"d

then can you give the dimensions of the box you have or plan to have, and what ports your wanting, and what subs will go in there and what power

with the right info, someone on here can do the math for you and use torres to get the tuning your looking for

i will be running the same setup and it's rated at 3200rms(not that it's true)

So, you want 8 cu' after port displacement? And, you want the possibilitiy to use your factory 6x9 opening as a blow though port.

It can be done, and I would actually tell you to prefer it, as long as you don't think losing those 6x9 will kill your overall sound quality. If you are only going to be running front speakers, it would be a really big pain to ride in the back and try to actually listen to the music...

But, what are the dimensions of your trunk?

Because, if you are willing to drop the aero ports and building your own, you could do this design easily.

Chris - "The Apprentice" - Pandora's Box Customs

1994 Ford Explorer - "Midnight" - 4.0L SOHC

SoundStream PCX-1000D & Kicker S12L5

i can't get the dimensions right now, but i will today. i'd be willing to have this box anyway it's possible. i would take any suggestions and advice i'm given. i just need help. and, losing the 6X9's is okay with me, cuz i'm already in the process of changing to 6.5" components to go in the rear doors instead. if not, i could always cut through the back deck and port through there. any help is greatly appreciated. i can even pay for a design. i've talked to ramdesigns, but i never got a design. he just quit responding to me

So, you want 8 cu' after port displacement? And, you want the possibilitiy to use your factory 6x9 opening as a blow though port.

It can be done, and I would actually tell you to prefer it, as long as you don't think losing those 6x9 will kill your overall sound quality. If you are only going to be running front speakers, it would be a really big pain to ride in the back and try to actually listen to the music...

But, what are the dimensions of your trunk?

Because, if you are willing to drop the aero ports and building your own, you could do this design easily.

Okay, if you can get me your dimensions, I can come up with a simple Dual port design. With a 6x9 port, it should not be too hard.

The port will actually probably end up being 5-3/4" x 8-3/4" internal dimensions, but same thing...

I will have to check what the port noise would be on it though and see if it would be a suitable design.

Do you know what you want it tuned to? And what kind of music you are listening to. These will both affect the design. \

And remember, the more detailed you get your dimensions (Wheel Wells, etc...) the more detailed and custom of a design can be made.

Edited by PandorasCustoms

i appreciate this more than you know. i'll get the measurements for you today as soon as i get home. i'd like it to be tuned to around 37-39 range, and i listen to rap mostly.you will defenitely get full credit for the design.

Okay, if you can get me your dimensions, I can come up with a simple Dual port design. With a 6x9 port, it should not be too hard.

The port will actually probably end up being 5-3/4" x 8-3/4" internal dimensions, but same thing...

I will have to check what the port noise would be on it though and see if it would be a suitable design.

Do you know what you want it tuned to? And what kind of music you are listening to. These will both affect the design. \

And remember, the more detailed you get your dimensions (Wheel Wells, etc...) the more detailed and custom of a design can be made.

No problem.

One more thing, pictures would be great too if you can give them to me.

I am going to PM you with my E-mail address...