Sonic Electronix

No. The circuitry of an amplifier is built to put out X watts at X ohms at X voltage. The amp's gain is set with the volume up on the HU and when you are turning the volume knob on your deck you are adjusting the AC input voltage to the amplifier. The amplifier is multiplying the input AC signal to produce an output AC signal. As soon as you are over the RMS wattage on your amp chances are you are clipping the signal and damaging the equipment.

he's asking something much more basic than this.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Lol, i think i got the jist of everyones to set my gain i turn the volume to what i want to always play it at. Otherwise i can cause clipping if i do it the other way around. Thanks guys this helped alot. Appreciate it

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Onneee more thing, the bass knob will only go as high as the gain is set on the amp right?

that depends on if its a gain knob or a bass boost. if its gain, yes, its limited my the amp. boost, im not 100% sure but i believe it bypasses the bass boost on the amp.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.