Alternator gave me the fnger...

So today on my way to work all my gauges dropped my radio started flickering and went out. Truck is a stick so I pushed clutch down to switch lanes and it died... I slowly drifted off the highway(luckily not rush hour so was easy). Tried to start with nothing in return.

My bat is a week old yellow top optima so I knew it wasn't that. I have a decent system with big three done so I knew almost right away it was my stock alt...

Called towing company said they were on there way. Waited a while and my girlfriends dad pulled up. So I called tow place back and they said they sent a roadside assistance truck instead of a tow truck. I told them never mind anyways. Me and him ran to auto zone got another stock 95 amp alt which I hated to do... Wished we could have been buying a 200 one but whatever. Back and forth we went had to run home to get tools 30 mins away. Eventually got it on and running.

So now the sucky part of the story. I have been working about 3 miles from my house for 4 years. I get promoted at work and they send me to another store. This would have been my second day going to the new store. Talk about looking good...

This was my morning/afternoon just wanted to share with the brotherhood

Archived