Sundown Audio

problem with amplifier?

You can't hear clipping. The amp or subs shouldn't get hot if you aren't having major voltage drop or clipping

on juice box-gorilla zoe (defac's version) voltage doesn't drop below 13.5V, and that's on the hardest hits

Then you are probably clipping the signal to make both things hot. Turn the gain dowm

it's set to 34.6v according to JL audio chart, but i turned it down to like 30v. Other setting i didn't touch yet.

what db level was the tone when u used it to set gain?

also what are your headunit settings currently

i see this all the time. my amp/sub gets hot playing decaf. it will get hot playing anything thats loud, 15-40% of the power going into a class d amp is lost to heat before it gets to the outputs

so if you use a -3db sine wave to set gains, and play "money man" which is very close to -3db also, u will get things warm/hot. its the same as running a camaro v8 redlined, its going to get hot because its working at max capacity

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

what db level was the tone when u used it to set gain?

also what are your headunit settings currently

i see this all the time. my amp/sub gets hot playing decaf. it will get hot playing anything thats loud, 15-40% of the power going into a class d amp is lost to heat before it gets to the outputs

so if you use a -3db sine wave to set gains, and play "money man" which is very close to -3db also, u will get things warm/hot. its the same as running a camaro v8 redlined, its going to get hot because its working at max capacity

HU settings are all flat. I set it up on 27/35 volume, but i believe it's too much.