Sonic Electronix

My AQ went into protect after hooking it up once for no reason just unhooked and hooked back up and was good.

also had an SD8k hav that problem, the remote wire wasnt far enough into the amp.

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

amps will go into protect for a lot of reasons. but by george am i glad they do! lol. otherwise i think we'd all have multiple blown amps sitting around..

the other night i was hooking up my saz3kds. i get em both what i thought was hooked up (mind you i was doing this shit in the dark out of my mind so stoked to get to hear the new setup). anyways, amps were strapped, im watching the amps power lights and have my buddy turn the key over in the truck, master turns on, slave goes str8 to protect... im like, dude wtf is goin on, i unhook the negative amp terminals as the amps were going to be strapped soon. still protect... my dumbazz didnt hook up the power... we try again, protect! at this point im like motherfudger wtFudge! im stumped, took a mini break chillin in the back of my truck bs'in with my buddy listenin to some too short-just another day, then i look down and see i didnt hook the ground up on the slave amp... motherfudge me... bumped it over and we were in business.. so! thank god my amp went into protect when the power wire was chillin unhooked and stuff becuz if it were touching any metal of the truck, ida been one bummed bum. and if you want to be even more real about the situation, the amp would have still blown even if it did go into protect becuz the shit would have shorted before the amp went into protect.. were talkin like a second to enter protect mode, but like a quarter of a second to fry.