Sundown Audio

How Would This Sound?

holy shit, noobs unite! lol

hmm... maybe the Fi subs are more expensive because they are made to take more power? dayton's speakers are actually quite good so you are just showing you dont know anything about them.

the fi Q and that dayton have very similar efficiencies. so on that 300w they should be close to the same level.

but none of this matters. two 18"s is a hell of a lot for a home theater setup. a single 15" in my house easily over powers the rest of the system. in a SQ audio setup you dont want any frequency range to be "hot". i can talk more about that if you want.

just because you really want those subs and this is a chance to get them to you for free, doesnt mean its the correct fit for what you are doing. if you slow down and listen to these guys you will learn a lot. i see you are confident but to think you know more than everyone thats been on this earth 2-3x longer than you only proves how little you know. thats not an insult, most kids think they know it all. you know you have grown up when you realize how little you know.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

sorry that was a little late. gf called in the middle of my reply :pardon:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

IB subs would need a MASSIVE 'box' to get a simple infinite baffle setup. I would suggest maybe knocking that wall down and putting up 2x4s to use as studs to mount the subs to through the drywall for example. Probably a ton of options to mount them in there.

We're talking in theory right now, just so everyone knows. I may not even use IB3's...

But let's say that I do use IB3's... They mount 9.5 inches deep, so I would make the wall 1 foot deep. The wall is over 10 feet long, and 10 feet tall... That means I COULD have like 100 cubic feet of box space. I am pretty sure that would be enough for 2 Fi IB3 18's, correct?

Also, the subs would be behind the viewers. So would it be better to have the subs:

Low, where they would be blocked by the couch?

Medium hight, where they would be aimed at about the back of your head?

High, where they would be almost touching the celing?

I had 2 18" Fi BTLs in my basement... forgot exact box size but it was around 20 cubes

on verrrryy little power (sub chanell of a 5.1 system lol) it was doing 130s at 23hz i had the term lb mic where i was sitting on the couch...

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Since I still didn't get an answer, I will ask this again...

We're talking in theory right now, just so everyone knows. I may not even use IB3's...

But let's say that I do use IB3's... They mount 9.5 inches deep, so I would make the wall 1 foot deep. The wall is over 10 feet long, and 10 feet tall... That means I COULD have like 100 cubic feet of box space. I am pretty sure that would be enough for 2 Fi IB3 18's, correct?

Also, the subs would be behind the viewers. So would it be better to have the subs:

Low, where they would be blocked by the couch?

Medium hight, where they would be aimed at about the back of your head?

High, where they would be almost touching the celing?