irpirates 4runner rebuild - 4 15's 6th order. i haz TL numbaahhss

thanks! i wanna see the finished product too >.< working on this thing pretty much every free second i have.

thanks vegas :drinks: hopefully this one will outperform the last by quite a bit!

apparently i suck at body filler. couldn't get those lil pin holes filled so i said eff and caked the shit out of the corners lol.

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

would like some input from people who know their 6th order stuff please.

back is gonna 7.5 net per side. 3 4" aeros full length will get me tuned to 26. front is around 23.5-24 cubes net. wanna get some input on front port area and tuning. planning on 30x20 tuned to 55. that seem about right? thanks!

you 26hz rear, 52hz front tuning looks the goods man, thats what my charade is tuned to, but the ratios don't sound right to me, it's my believing that 6th orders run a larger rear chamber than front, thats how mines built, and all advice i was given said the same,

mines 2.7cf rear, 1.1cf front per woofer... so 16.2cf rear, 6.6cf front total after displacement...

however mine is series tuned, and i haven't seen whether your series or parallel tuning yours, so my advice might be worth jack... lol

but i'll definitely give the thumbs up on tuning, port area seems alright too is it's series tuned, could be a bit more, but series tuned 6th orders don't need a tonne of rear port

SMD-1.png

hmmm, lil too late to change it now lol. mines series tuned as well. bit more port on the front or rear?

well at this point it's just hope for the best!

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

hmmm, lil too late to change it now lol. mines series tuned as well. bit more port on the front or rear?

well at this point it's just hope for the best!

well thats it, it's done now! lol at the end of the day it should still get loud, it's built HELL strong!! and the rear chamber is still a pretty damn good size for the woofers, just that the front is a bit big...

worst case scenario, the ratios are pretty much spot on for a 4th order! haha so you could simply just seal up the ports and see how that goes? front tuned @ 52hz would be alright for a 4th order too...

ideally i run square ports in the rear chamber on mine, but the area is equal to 1.5x 4" aeros per 15" in my box, and my rear chamber is a similar size to yours too... so roughly 4.5x 4" aeros per side... with 2x 18"s per side we have similar cone area too, but i think 3x 4" aeros per side would be alright for your build!

as above, i'm definitely not the greatest mind on 6th orders, people may have had alot of success with a larger front chamber? i'm not sure, people like mike singer would be the best to ask, but i'm very keen to see how yours turns out!!

SMD-1.png

the design and ratio was based off of tom tucker's jeep. he's a local guy, burping 156 or so on 2 15s, 2 saz 3500s. musical build.

the original plan was to do 6 15s but travis talked to brandon at sundown and was told to go try for a 2:1 front:rear ratio. 6 woulda given us a 1:1.

i have the aeros sitting here next to me as well lol. the design is pretty much set now. if it doesn't do well i'll just wallow in sadness and cry. lol

why would u rather use square ports over aeros for the rear? mike singer is actually one of the reasons im running 18s instead of 4 15s :)

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

the design and ratio was based off of tom tucker's jeep. he's a local guy, burping 156 or so on 2 15s, 2 saz 3500s. musical build.

the original plan was to do 6 15s but travis talked to brandon at sundown and was told to go try for a 2:1 front:rear ratio. 6 woulda given us a 1:1.

i have the aeros sitting here next to me as well lol. the design is pretty much set now. if it doesn't do well i'll just wallow in sadness and cry. lol

why would u rather use square ports over aeros for the rear? mike singer is actually one of the reasons im running 18s instead of 4 15s :)

well i'm MORE than happy to stand corrected, in fact i hope i am! lol thats some damn nice scores from 2x 15"s musically...

i chose to go a square port over aeros simply for space reasons, if you look at my build you can see there's barely enough room to fit aeros side by side, i would have liked to personally, but space was the issue,

SMD-1.png

If it doesn't work out I'll buy the 18's While you wallow in sadness :P

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

that jeep is really impressive. jump in expecting to see much more than 2 15s. i remember your build and the space issues. my ports are going to be mounted on the front part of the rear chamber. hafta cut the port flares and jigsaw em together to clear the wheel wells and the sub magnets. definitely cramming alota stuff in there lol.

heres a vid of the jeep

lol dylan :P

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

252084_2010091050163_1180320105_31925089_286129_n.jpg

281794_2010091410172_1180320105_31925090_4093133_n.jpg

248560_2010091770181_1180320105_31925091_7122574_n.jpg

281197_2010092210192_1180320105_31925092_4238439_n.jpg

253197_2010092370196_1180320105_31925093_5556913_n.jpg

nice and smooth :) gonna hit it with 80/220 grit a bit with the sander when it's completely dried.

6 4" aeros

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

Archived