I figured I'd post this here since a lot of ya'll are from Texas. Anyway, my wife and I have seriously been thinking about our future and if we want to stay in Kansas or not. We've done quite a bit of looking around at some different states and Texas has caught our eyes, mainly the Denton and Sanger area.

The main reason we're looking at this area is because Sanger has a Wal-Mart Distribution Center and there would be a good possibility for me to transfer there. I'm going back to school and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting into the medical field. My wife is also in the medical field (administrative, not patient care) and will be done with school next spring. This area is about 6 hours away from where we live now, so it's still fairly close to family. We've found quite a lot of fairly cheap housing too.

So my question is, what's it like living in Texas? We went to San Antonio for vacation a few weeks ago and loved it. We are looking at just a few years as we get our house remodeled and my wife finishes up school, but I want to do as much research as I can beforehand. I think the biggest shock would be moving from a town of only around 3,000.

are you looking to move after you and your wife have finished school?

After my wife finishes. She'll graduate Spring of 2012. I've still got a long way to go. <_< That's why we were looking at Denton/Sanger, because I'd be able to transfer to the Wal-Mart DC in Sanger.

I hated San Antonio when I went there last year, its sooooooo Humid.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I lived in Denton for ~3years when I was going to UNT. It's definitely a college sort of town. Kind of old, but with new stuff popping up...if you like to go to bars and shoot some pool or play some darts, it's a great place to live. I can't even imagine how many thousands I have dropper at JR Pockets and on Fry Street during those three years.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

thats what ac is for. idk what its like in texas but it gets to 90%+ often for humidity here in minnesota. If it fits your budget and you really like the area do it for sure. 6 hours from family is not to bad as well.

The humidity here in Kansas sucks too. It didn't seem that bad when we were there. Hot as hell, though.

its ok if u dont mind the heat & a bunch of illegals... :pardon: .

id rather go back to nebraska =].

where do u live in kansas?

Not that far from Topeka.

The humidity here in Kansas sucks too. It didn't seem that bad when we were there. Hot as hell, though.

Well it probably felt worse for me since the humidity here is almost non existent 98% of the time.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.