Sonic Electronix

So I currently have two(2) Kicker L5's (which I will now keep since apparently they don't make them anymore, they are like a symbol of kickers roots now hehe) currently sitting in ~6cuft. box with a standard square port. I cant remember what I had tuned it too but it was probably ~34hz. They claim the cargo space of my '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee (subs up port back) and feast off of a Hifonics Bxi1606 at 1ohm (though I know I have the gains set too high but they dun get loud if they aren't up there so any tips there are welcome, cant quite afford the o-scope yet lookin at This one because I'm familiar with it and want it for other reasons also).

Anyways, back on topic, I am looking to build another L-port design and want to see what peoples thoughts are for spacing. The specs ask for 3.25+port for maximum, I was thinking of dropping the box down to ~5cuft. port included either with displacement or with subs inverted. I am not sure how power should affect the box size, all I know is it will be tuned from 32-34hz for daily. Subs will still be up port back. Also how will the port affect the sound being on driver or passenger side?

EDIT: I listen to rock, metal, dubstep, DnB, punk, and rap so I want it to hit low but accurate and still be loud.

Well that was long winded, I am fairly competent at designing so I'm not asking people to divulge any secrets or or take the time to design anything, just some pointers on what I should do with this particular set up. build wont be for a few weeks probably so keep the thought coming

Thanks to all who can help me out.

smd dd-1 should be your first purchase than go from there

I am fresh out of college lookin for a job so I can only work with what I got. Gonna be upgrading to 2 18's when I start the transformation of the jeep for show.

I am fresh out of college lookin for a job so I can only work with what I got. Gonna be upgrading to 2 18's when I start the transformation of the jeep for show.

He means, instead of buying that o-scope you should buy the smd dd-1

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

He means, instead of buying that o-scope you should buy the smd dd-1

gotcha I always forget about that device, I might get one of those also but since I have used O-scopes and am comfortable with them I like to see the signals. But that's just me.

Archived