Jump to content

how many amps do i need.


LoudBimmer

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm replacing stock speakers in 2001 BMW 325i with Alpine SPS-600c.

In front doors it got 6.5, 2.5 and tweets

in back doors just 2.5

in the back 6.5

I got stock bmw amplifier which i believe put's out 40w x 4 at 2 ohm. My SPS are 4 ohm. I'm looking at Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 which puts out 75w x 4 at 4 ohm. Do i need another amp for 2.5 and tweets? (i will replace stock tweets with alpine one's).

Posted

I'm replacing stock speakers in 2001 BMW 325i with Alpine SPS-600c.

In front doors it got 6.5, 2.5 and tweets

in back doors just 2.5

in the back 6.5

I got stock bmw amplifier which i believe put's out 40w x 4 at 2 ohm. My SPS are 4 ohm. I'm looking at Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 which puts out 75w x 4 at 4 ohm. Do i need another amp for 2.5 and tweets? (i will replace stock tweets with alpine one's).

you should only need one i think the factory tweet have a cap that blocks the bass but its been a while sence ive worked on a bimmer just check the ohms first before u hook it up to make sure there 4 ohms

Posted

I'm replacing stock speakers in 2001 BMW 325i with Alpine SPS-600c.

In front doors it got 6.5, 2.5 and tweets

in back doors just 2.5

in the back 6.5

I got stock bmw amplifier which i believe put's out 40w x 4 at 2 ohm. My SPS are 4 ohm. I'm looking at Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 which puts out 75w x 4 at 4 ohm. Do i need another amp for 2.5 and tweets? (i will replace stock tweets with alpine one's).

you should only need one i think the factory tweet have a cap that blocks the bass but its been a while sence ive worked on a bimmer just check the ohms first before u hook it up to make sure there 4 ohms

I'm replacing stock tweets, and keeping 2.5 mid's. So RF amp will be enough?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1828 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...