GMC Sierra 2500HD: 4 15" DC XLs 12k IPAD VIDEO POSTED

this is F*cking awesome dude! i have 2 15" RE sx's in my 1998 dodge ram ext. cab. i wana run 4 15's but i dont wanna wall it and your box gave me an awesome idea lol, i dont have quite as much room.. but i should be able to do subs forwards and port up to fit 4 15's hopefully. cant wait to see this thing done! everythings sooo clean man

well when i started designing this i really wanted 6 XL 15s but couldnt make them fit so i had to settle for 4 :(

i think the port up should be the loudest in your truck (and any truck) because i had messed with a single sub set up in my truck and built like 5 boxes for it and port facing up was like a db louder on the meter so it was huge.

what are the specs you need for those subs? air space wise?

they want 4cubes per sub required by RE specs.. they just aren't quite loud enough for me now haha i broke my rear view first day i installed the 15s, my trucks flexing like crazy, so im gonna deaden it soon, get 2 more batteries, and probably sell my hifonics BRZ 2400 to get a .5 ohm stable amp.. push the re's and then go from there perhaps lol

you might have a hard time getting 16 cubes after displacements in there. my box is 13.4 and it was fine to fit but then again i have a 4 door.

maybe 3 would be a better idea (just my thoughts) cause after u get done with all the displacements and shit itll be up in the probably 18 cubes area...depending on your port size. i think i had about 1.7-2.0 of displacements.

Getting another amp that is .5 ohm stable will cause you to have a ton more current draw and you have to make sure your electrical is up to par for it. i would suggest running a bigger amp at 1 ohm and playing it safe. i plan on getting 2 more 3.5ks then running them all at 1 ohm (not .5 like i have now) but didnt want to recone all the subs when i do get the other amps so i almost had no other choice but to run them at .5 ohm and i have a lot of electrical to back them up for safety at .5 ohm lol it makes me sleep better at night

yeah man well my re's are D2 subs, so i dont think i can run them at 1 ohm. so i only have 2 ohms or .5 ohms to work with.. im running a hifonics brz2400.1D @ 2 ohms so there getting around 1700rms lol

ok that makes sense lol or use both channels of the amp and run them in parallel to get 1 ohm

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

The xls loved the aq wanted more but with more electrical it wouldve shined! but im switching it up a bit so i traded my aq to my boy gil here in reno, he has two strapped right now on a lvl5. Your name by chance wouldnt be jon right?

yep. rusty told me. :shrug::lol:

btw, how many of u reno guys would like to have a DC meet up at the shop on 9-11?

(sorry, not tryin to thread jack.) id like to hear this tho... =]

lol kind weird not gonna lie lol

id be down to meet you guys out there..always down to hear some loud systems lol

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

Alright I'm stealing the idea for those flush mount pieces for my own box - router, jasper jig, the usual suspects, or did you use more exotic techniques? The sponge paint thing is killer, it makes it look like marble or granite or something.

the flush mount pieces were actually super easy lol

i put the 2 baffles and the flush mount piece on top of each other and screwed them together.

then figures out where i needed to put my subs to make them fit and drilled a whole in the middle.

used the jasper jig and my router to cut the bottom 2 pieces at the mounting cutout (Actually smaller for a snugger fit)

then cut the flush mount pieces out at 16" to leave 1/8" on each side of the subs

so the pieces that were left over after cutting fit into the spaces that the subs dont take up.

then finally i rounded all the edges and sponge painted them so match the accents in my truck

also if you wanted a marble look you can do it but to do it on wood you would have to bondo and sand to make the surface completely flat then you can make it look exactly like marble..its kinda cool

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

So here is the space that i am working on covering..you can see why i really want to cover it...its super ugly

31Before.jpg

28RearPlexiglassWood.jpg

This is the piece of wood that will go across the back with the lighted acrylic sign in the middle.

30WoodandPlexiDone.jpg

This is the finished product with the sign in the middle...there are a bunch of LEDs on the amps and batts to lights the sign.

Ill pull the truck in the garage later and shut the lights off and get some pics of it lighted up in the dark lol

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Man the build is comming out great and yea one of my boys bought some kicker off of you and is stock stereo went because some ppk in sac... I was also going to buy a box from you but ami creations over at caco gave me a killer deal. Anyways keep the pics coming its turning out great!

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

this is F*cking awesome dude! i have 2 15" RE sx's in my 1998 dodge ram ext. cab. i wana run 4 15's but i dont wanna wall it and your box gave me an awesome idea lol, i dont have quite as much room.. but i should be able to do subs forwards and port up to fit 4 15's hopefully. cant wait to see this thing done! everythings sooo clean man

well when i started designing this i really wanted 6 XL 15s but couldnt make them fit so i had to settle for 4 :(

i think the port up should be the loudest in your truck (and any truck) because i had messed with a single sub set up in my truck and built like 5 boxes for it and port facing up was like a db louder on the meter so it was huge.

they want 4cubes per sub required by RE specs.. they just aren't quite loud enough for me now haha i broke my rear view first day i installed the 15s, my trucks flexing like crazy, so im gonna deaden it soon, get 2 more batteries, and probably sell my hifonics BRZ 2400 to get a .5 ohm stable amp.. push the re's and then go from there perhaps lol

you might have a hard time getting 16 cubes after displacements in there. my box is 13.4 and it was fine to fit but then again i have a 4 door.

maybe 3 would be a better idea (just my thoughts) cause after u get done with all the displacements and shit itll be up in the probably 18 cubes area...depending on your port size. i think i had about 1.7-2.0 of displacements.

Getting another amp that is .5 ohm stable will cause you to have a ton more current draw and you have to make sure your electrical is up to par for it. i would suggest running a bigger amp at 1 ohm and playing it safe. i plan on getting 2 more 3.5ks then running them all at 1 ohm (not .5 like i have now) but didnt want to recone all the subs when i do get the other amps so i almost had no other choice but to run them at .5 ohm and i have a lot of electrical to back them up for safety at .5 ohm lol it makes me sleep better at night

yeah man well my re's are D2 subs, so i dont think i can run them at 1 ohm. so i only have 2 ohms or .5 ohms to work with.. im running a hifonics brz2400.1D @ 2 ohms so there getting around 1700rms lol

ok that makes sense lol or use both channels of the amp and run them in parallel to get 1 ohm

wait.. i can use both channels on my hifonics and run both my D2 subs at 1 ohm?!?!?! im going to be kind of pissed if i could have done that this whole time.. but happy at the same time ! Lol

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

Man the build is comming out great and yea one of my boys bought some kicker off of you and is stock stereo went because some ppk in sac... I was also going to buy a box from you but ami creations over at caco gave me a killer deal. Anyways keep the pics coming its turning out great!

lol god ya man i wont forget your friend and the wiring nightmare that whoever installed that stuff in there had going...i honestly felt bad for him lol he had a tough situation going in there

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

wait.. i can use both channels on my hifonics and run both my D2 subs at 1 ohm?!?!?! im going to be kind of pissed if i could have done that this whole time.. but happy at the same time ! Lol

I have never done it but it makes sense in my head lol so i guess dont quote me but i think it should work

you have the subs bridged right now but if you ran them each to an individual channel and run each sub in parallel it will drop your impedance down to one ohm per sub which will make you that full 2400 watt of RMS you bought the amp for lol

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

I have never done it but it makes sense in my head lol so i guess dont quote me but i think it should work

you have the subs bridged right now but if you ran them each to an individual channel and run each sub in parallel it will drop your impedance down to one ohm per sub which will make you that full 2400 watt of RMS you bought the amp for lol

my amp is a mono block amp, so it only has one channel, and i looked around and was told that you can only wire two D2 subs to .5ohms or 2 ohms, thats about it lol

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

my amp is a mono block amp, so it only has one channel, and i looked around and was told that you can only wire two D2 subs to .5ohms or 2 ohms, thats about it lol

ok nevermind ya those are your only options...i havent messed with one of those amp before and didnt know it was a mono.

sorry to get your hopes up man!! i feel bad now lol

i believe soundstream makes a 3200 thats .5 ohm stable thats reasonably priced

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Archived