Four Memphis M3's & a T2500-1bd Build Log

No carpet for me since they drop the score,if you ain´t metering this thing then carpet the box, if not, i would suggest you only painting it. Also, on my SPL gains topic i tested rounding the sub holes on the inside of the box, that raised around 0.4 dbs on the meter so i suggest you to do that, also, yes!!! rounding over the edges of the external baffle, that would look sexy!

Very nice build so far, i liked that jig a lot, need to buy myself a router lol, keep the good work and the pics coming , tuned in for this one :)

P.S: Yes you failed majorly having 2 subs forward and 2 to the rear lol, but it´s ok, you are getting way louder now!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

No carpet for me since they drop the score,if you ain´t metering this thing then carpet the box, if not, i would suggest you only painting it. Also, on my SPL gains topic i tested rounding the sub holes on the inside of the box, that raised around 0.4 dbs on the meter so i suggest you to do that, also, yes!!! rounding over the edges of the external baffle, that would look sexy!

Very nice build so far, i liked that jig a lot, need to buy myself a router lol, keep the good work and the pics coming , tuned in for this one :)

P.S: Yes you failed majorly having 2 subs forward and 2 to the rear lol, but it´s ok, you are getting way louder now!!

Didn't know that! Will be metering it, not for comps I dont think, but we will see, still want more DEEBEEZ! Or half a Deebee :lol:

Hmm I will have to look around on some other members builds to see how I can paint it wonder if it is a lot of work, I have a paint gun that I havn't used in uhhhh 4 years ? But might get some more use out of it :shrug:

Hm. Interesting, I was looking around in the search for that thread, but couldn't find it. Will keep looking though in a few mins

Agreed x2 I shoulda taken a pic of the test board I did, I dont know though :/ I cant find a bit I like. All I have is like a 5/8" roundover bit which is huge for the 3/4" MDF and have one that I would say is 1/4" Idk, turns out pretty nice. With a little 220-320 grit sanding i think them holes will look pretty

Haha, yeah man I failed on the previous box..But I agree, should get much louder now, I have a pic on my iPhone, not sure of the quality of it, but I will post it up of the old box. Dont think I have the sketchup anymore for it.

Anyways,

Thanks man! Should notice quite a difference in the two boxes.

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

You ever saw my SPL gains topic???? you can get a few debeezzzz out of the things i tried!!! And yes, post the old box´s picture :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

You ever saw my SPL gains topic???? you can get a few debeezzzz out of the things i tried!!! And yes, post the old box´s picture :)

Nah man I couldn't find it, I’m still looking though :shrug: its around here somewhere.

But here’s the pictures...Damn looking back. I give you all permission to laugh, my sub was sideways FAIL.

One is when you open the trunk, it had 2 at a 45degree, and the other shows the cabin view ( where the misaligned shit was ) Hmm yeah that box SUCKED, But its gone, I should notice a big difference in SPL with this box.

EDIT: ( suppose to be pics here ) Sorry guys, lost these pictures in the photobucket incident D: GRRRR.

Build FAIL.

Stay tuned for the good pictures though of the new box :D I am prepping my trunk, got to get some wood, but I am being cheap, I don’t want to use 3/4" Birch at 50$ a sheet. So I am looking for alternatives.. :shrug: got any ideas for an ulterior ? I was thinking OSB Plywood its like 11$ a sheet..but its trash. But it might work...I don’t know. Need to build an amp rack too though, so might as well just buy the birch to use the other 4ft x 4ft piece for an amp rack and battery rack.

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

haha yeah it was a fail box but it´s ok, you are getting louder now for sure!! this is my SPL gains topic, should help you out a little bit :)

SPL gains topic

haha yeah it was a fail box but it´s ok, you are getting louder now for sure!! this is my SPL gains topic, should help you out a little bit :)

SPL gains topic

I was actually reading it already, quite interesting, question about the sub boot theory, Was the SPL more by having the boot on or off? I couldn't really tell cuz the pic had like 15db different, and I doubt taking the sub boot off would add or subtract 15db...

EDIT: Nvm, just read a bit more said it gained .1db. Hmmm I will remove mine then, only 2 of my subs have them though, but I will take them off anyways.

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

hehe yeah was 0.15 dbs louder without the boot, there´s a post at page 1 and page 10 i think where i said everything that worked for the, and the things that sucked ass, on that toppic i didnt try carpeting the box because i already tested that in the past and yes, the carpet hurted my score badly!!

hehe yeah was 0.15 dbs louder without the boot, there´s a post at page 1 and page 10 i think where i said everything that worked for the, and the things that sucked ass, on that toppic i didnt try carpeting the box because i already tested that in the past and yes, the carpet hurted my score badly!!

Theres quite a few of them that should add me at-least 2 full DB like covering the subs pole vent to gain .14 ( seems like this could cause an over heating issue? ) rounding the sub hole to get .28 remove the sub boot for .1 ( possibly .2 since I have 2 subs with boots ) thats another half DB. I am sure I could find a few more to squeeze out of it. I am kinda weary on covering the subs pole vent though...I mean..it was put there for a reason to VENT. but we will see. I need to get back out there and do some work, probably gonna at-least do the bracing tomorrow and gluing and screwing the baffle together. I gotta do some research on what type of screws to use for the baffle to screw the two 3/4" pieces together. I read it, but have since forgot. So ill add the bracing to the box tomorrow, and get the trunk pretty close to prepped by putting in the false floor and hopefully I will get around to making a battery rack too. Although I only got one battery I gotta keep it in place! That should bring in another 10-15 pictures. Unless I get ( trigger happy ) I dont know what you call it when it comes to taking pictures...too use to the .44 magnum! But there should be more pics tomorrow!

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

Don´t cover the vent lol, yes it raised my score but for a daily application i wouldn´t do it either, i´m trying to find a box with a slot port to test with, i want to round the port opening with a router and see exactly how much i can gain with that, also, i never tried the flush mounted sub either, those are 2 things missing on my testings that should help a lot, since you already flush mounted the sub, i´m gonna try to find a box to test the port opening roundovers and see if it can help you out :)

Don´t cover the vent lol, yes it raised my score but for a daily application i wouldn´t do it either, i´m trying to find a box with a slot port to test with, i want to round the port opening with a router and see exactly how much i can gain with that, also, i never tried the flush mounted sub either, those are 2 things missing on my testings that should help a lot, since you already flush mounted the sub, i´m gonna try to find a box to test the port opening roundovers and see if it can help you out :)

Wait, in the first quote, did you not mean that you used a roundover bit on the external baffle and gained .4dbs? Cuz on the second quote u say u didnt test it? Im confused <_<

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

Archived