Sonic Electronix

First Real Build need overlook and comments.

yes you are correct.itll act the same was as if you just ran the amp remote leads directly to the amps however,it allows you to use the amp remote lead wire to power multiple amps without harming anything in the head unit. once the head unit is powered on (when car is started) power that is sent through the wire will energize the relay and the power from the battery will go to the amps, instead of power from the head unit. the remote wires are rated anywhere from 250ma-500ma, 3 amps will consume that much, and may draw to much current, damaging the REM output circuit , which may cause the HU to no longer have any output from the remote lead. are the words remote lead starting to sound stupid to you because they are to me, god damn, anyways. you may not be running 3 or more amps but you may run a processor or equalizer or crossover which all use the remote. even if your not using those its still a good idea to run a relay just to be safe, then its done and you don't have to worry about it if you decide to put any more amps/processors or what haveyou.

sorry i just re read your post and all that i said may not have been needed,cause i think you get it. but dammit i wrote it so its being posted

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

you need a relay so you don't burn up the remote lead on you HU. its basically a switch with the remote lead being the trigger and power from the battery supplying the juice to the remotes on the amp. when you turn on your HU it'll trigger the "switch" in the relay causing the power from the 12v connection to go through to the amps remote.

get a 5 pin remote and wire it:

pin 30 to a 12v connection (battery)fuse it around 5 amps or lower.

pin 85 to the decks remote lead

pin 86 to ground

pin 87 output to amp remotes

pin 87a is not used

accessoryrelaywiring.png

relay pins are marked so that makes it easier. better to be safe than sorry, don't want to burn anything up on your head unit.

and as the the ohm load on your amp. how many subs do you wanna run? if you wanna run 2 at 1 ohm get some dual 4 ohm subs and run coils and subs in parallel, if you wanna run one at 1 ohm get a dual 2 ohm and run the voice coils in parallel

dont mean to confuse just wanting to help.

Oh no belive me ur helping. Thats exactly what this thread was for im all about do it once, the right way never do again. so instead of running remote off the headunit splitting it into 2 remotes towards the back of the car, i run a relay bassicaly by the amps and it allows me to control both off 1 remote?

I would add a diode in between 85 and 86 with the cathode on the HU side.

Rebuild Log with the SMD

CURRENT..

Honda Accord Coupe

Porsche Cayenne S

Lexus CT200

Lexus ES300 (sold)

99 Lexus RX 300 (sold)

ADDING

Honda - Hertz setup, more to come

Porsche - Fi BL, XS Power, more to come

coming soon..
peep the old rebuild log of the Lexus RX

yes you are correct.itll act the same was as if you just ran the amp remote leads directly to the amps however,it allows you to use the amp remote lead wire to power multiple amps without harming anything in the head unit. once the hiead unit is powered on (when car is started) power that is sent through the wire will energize the relay and the power from the battery will go to the amps, instead of power from the head unit. the remote wires are rated anywhere from 250ma-500ma, 3 amps will consume that much, and may draw to much current, damaging the REM output circuit , which may cause the HU to no longer have any output from the remote lead. are the words remote lead starting to sound stupid to you because they are to me, god damn, anyways. you may not be running 3 or more amps but you may run a processor or equalizer or crossover which all use the remote. even if your not using those its still a good idea to run a relay just to be safe, then its done and you don't have to worry about it if you decide to put any more amps/processors or what haveyou.

sorry i just re read your post and all that i said may not have been needed,cause i think you get it. but dammit i wrote it so its being posted

I got it now, I will go ahead and run one, I guess ill just get power straight from the terminal, and rum a small gauge next to my 0 gauge I only plan to run 2 but nothing else will go in this car but who knows the next one I might so good to already have the stuff on hand. Ok so tonight I'm gonna do a write up of individual products amd get opion on those but other tjen that, can u just get a relay anywhere ? And only 5-6 pin will work?

yes you are correct.itll act the same was as if you just ran the amp remote leads directly to the amps however,it allows you to use the amp remote lead wire to power multiple amps without harming anything in the head unit. once the hiead unit is powered on (when car is started) power that is sent through the wire will energize the relay and the power from the battery will go to the amps, instead of power from the head unit. the remote wires are rated anywhere from 250ma-500ma, 3 amps will consume that much, and may draw to much current, damaging the REM output circuit , which may cause the HU to no longer have any output from the remote lead. are the words remote lead starting to sound stupid to you because they are to me, god damn, anyways. you may not be running 3 or more amps but you may run a processor or equalizer or crossover which all use the remote. even if your not using those its still a good idea to run a relay just to be safe, then its done and you don't have to worry about it if you decide to put any more amps/processors or what haveyou.

I got it now, I will go ahead and run one, I guess ill just get power straight from the terminal, and rum a small gauge next to my 0 gauge I only plan to run 2 but nothing else will go in this car but who knows the next one I might so good to already have the stuff on hand. Ok so tonight I'm gonna do a write up of individual products amd get opion on those but other tjen that, can u just get a relay anywhere ? And only 5-6 pin will work?

SPDT 5 pin should do you nice..

Rebuild Log with the SMD

CURRENT..

Honda Accord Coupe

Porsche Cayenne S

Lexus CT200

Lexus ES300 (sold)

99 Lexus RX 300 (sold)

ADDING

Honda - Hertz setup, more to come

Porsche - Fi BL, XS Power, more to come

coming soon..