minimum cu ft for 6.5" speaker

i've decided to build a small sealed enclosure for my 6.5" door speakers out of half inch spacer rings. and i was calculating the amount of cubic feet i had in the enclosure i was going to make and it was .04 cubic feet. i felt like that sounded really small but could i get away with that little? and possibly adding some poly fill?

It all depends on the driver. In most cases a larger enclosure wil help with low freq extension if you plan on crossing them low (80hz). I would ask the company what they recommend. As far as the polyfill goes; just try a little at a time and stop adding when you get the sound you want. You can also use acoustic foam. I have that in my doors since polyfill just wouldn't work lol.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, depends on the driver. My Rockford t1652-s sound good in 1.2ft^3 @ 60Hz a piece. However I have some other mids that sound great in .3ft^3 sealed or .65ft^3 ported @ 46hz.

If you can tell me what speakers they are or give me some T/S on them, I can tell you what would sound good.

:good: