Sonic Electronix

so iv desided to do 2 lvl 4 18's in a blow though in my silverado

do you guys think that 2 sets of these would be enough?

Rockford Fosgate R1653 6.5" 320 Watt Car Speakers

so it would be a total of 8 speakers

the link wasnt working but here it is

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Speakers/2-PAIRS-ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-6.5%E2%80%9DSPEAKERSR150-2-AMPLIFIER/2%29+R1653---R150-2---WK81.aspx

2 jl audio 12w3's sealed

soon to be 4 level 3 15's

blow through

all dc audio

noob question, front stage?

Not to sound like a dick, but you've been here for 2 years. Do you read, surf here much? Anyhow, check out THIS link...

thanks for the link

mind giving me an opinion on what i should do for mids and highs?

i want to stick to rockford but im open to suggestions

2 jl audio 12w3's sealed

soon to be 4 level 3 15's

blow through

all dc audio

most people tend to want to keep the sound up front, hense "front stage"

ur best bet is to do more work to your front speakers, this will help you hear it better and should keep up better than haveing them randomly placed in the truck

i have rear speakers also but its just to help my son hear the radio and what knot, my fronts dont keep up with bass to good so i went with rear fill

in ur situation ied do 1 set on one side and 1 set on other side, u can either run them with a 2ch by wireing each side down to 2ohm and then to amp, or a 4ch amp, both work, i have my rear and front left speakers on one channel, and same for other side, works great

if ur going threw all this trouble to do mids n highs i suggest u run new speaker wire to ur speakers, i think most stock wires are like 18guage, 14guage wire will work good, thats what i have, i even use 14x8 for when i had my front speakers wired active, it had 8 14guage wires in a cable that i ran to the back, 4 wires for tweets, 4 wires for mids

peal n seal or hvac tape like i use will help get the muddy sound out of ur mids n highs to help better the vocals,

if ur budget will alow ied suggest second skin, they make a wide range or products unlike dynamat, stinger makes road kill but i dunno how good that works, buddy did stinger road kill and dynamat in the trunk of a lexus with 4 15's and it didn't help any lol

but rockfords do get loud, u can check around on youtube, some people do distance tests with em, seems like there good speakers

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Archived