Sonic Electronix

I would not try to run 2k to the bl. As has been said before, if you have to ask if you can do it then I do not recommend doing so.

To run a single sub on your amp, I would recommend the btl, dc xl, aa mayhem.

Thats what we all said up top, but he asked, and I explained that in the thread.

BL's can and do take 2k fully loaded on 4" coils, but again, with very solid and proper equipment.

I wasnt wrong in suggesting it, but I do agree you have to have some experience to do it.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

I cant afford the BTL at all. Because I would just get 2 audio q's and the BTLs. So lets just say it can go up to 2100rms for 1 12. is that ok?

Depends on a lot. Electrical, amp, wiring, box rise etc, which is why we said if you have to ask...

Because people who have the proper equipment would know that can handle 2K of very clean power...

It wont take 1K of dirty power.

4 - 5 cu.ft. box, Knukonceptz 0 guage wiring, (2)hifonics Brutus 2100. XS power 3100D, big 3 upgrade. 220a H/O alternator.

Should be fine electrical wise. I am not familiar with the amps. But they are the Brutus line, so they should be legit.

What options should i push for the BL if you dont mind me asking?

Select "Cooling", that eliminates the need for the hyper pole option, get the 4" coil upgrade, and choose Daily for the application. Also select the universal option.

As far as the voice coil config, D2 or D1 are good options. Are you strapping the amps (if they are strappable)? If so, go with the D2 option.

If you are running a single amp that can handle .5 ohms, go with the D1 option.

Look up this amp http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23549_Hifonics-Brutus-BRZ2100.1D.html thats the amp and what not so i have no idea if its strapable. do i not get the flatwind option?

I cant afford the BTL at all. Because I would just get 2 audio q's and the BTLs. So lets just say it can go up to 2100rms for 1 12. is that ok?

Depends on a lot. Electrical, amp, wiring, box rise etc, which is why we said if you have to ask...

Because people who have the proper equipment would know that can handle 2K of very clean power...

4 - 5 cu.ft. box, Knukonceptz 0 guage wiring, (2)hifonics Brutus 2100. XS power 3100D, big 3 upgrade. 220a H/O alternator.

Should be fine electrical wise. I am not familiar with the amps. But they are the Brutus line, so they should be legit.

Select "Cooling", that eliminates the need for the hyper pole option, get the 4" coil upgrade, and choose Daily for the application. Also select the universal option.

As far as the voice coil config, D2 or D1 are good options. Are you strapping the amps (if they are strappable)? If so, go with the D2 option.

Look up this amp http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23549_Hifonics-Brutus-BRZ2100.1D.html thats the amp and what not so i have no idea if its strapable. do i not get the flatwind option?

Flatwind improves the power handling. That would work fine, but you may need to hang back slightly on the power...

I would get a D2 sub and wire down to 1 ohm, and be careful on the power.

Or as suggested, upgrade to some of what CJ suggested.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Flatwind improves the power handling. That would work fine, but you may need to hang back slightly on the power...

hmmm I should just get the BTL's and run em at their RMS power till i can get mega powerful amps. its only 200 bucks more and i dont need to get the Audio Q amps now.

Please also keep in mind that I am getting 2 12's for a 2001 ford focus 4dr. would it be a better idea to just get a 15?

Edited by MatthewBigBossWilliams

hmmm I should just get the BTL's and run em at their RMS power till i can get mega powerful amps. its only 200 bucks more and i dont need to get the Audio Q amps now.

Please also keep in mind that I am getting 2 12's for a 2001 ford focus 4dr. would it be a better idea to just get a 15?

If you were going 2 12's id run a single amp. You'd be surprised what one 12" BTL would sound like in a nice box...

If you were going 2 12's id run a single amp. You'd be surprised what one 12" BTL would sound like in a nice box...

then with the amp im running, i wouldnt even be giving it 2krms :(

You could go with a BL with your current amp. You may need to turn it back a bit, but you can do it.

Don't be fooled, the BL's are damn loud. The new designs are really loud on the meter.

A BL in a daily VS a BTL wouldnt be too much different. In a competition vehicle it would make a difference...

I'd stick with the BL personally. Or go to a single BL 15"

You could go with a BL with your current amp. You may need to turn it back a bit, but you can do it.

Don't be fooled, the BL's are damn loud. The new designs are really loud on the meter.

A BL in a daily VS a BTL wouldnt be too much different. In a competition vehicle it would make a difference...

12s have a tad bit more surface area then a 15. i was looking for lots of air movement and lows

12s have a tad bit more surface area then a 15. i was looking for lots of air movement and lows

A properly designed enclosure trumps surface area. Do some reading... 12's easily get as low as 15's now...

My single 12" fools many people. If you sat for a demo, I'd put money on it most people think I have 2 x 15's or atleast 2 12's. It's currently just a Shrink 12" @ 3 ohms getting about 700 rms from my aq2200d. Now imagine what it will be like on my xl12....

My point is, proper enclosures and clean power trump cone area and quantity by far. And that's not even a arguement.

I would suggest doing more research and not going purely off opinions. I've noticed you've made a few threads and gone back and forth.

A little more research will go a long way.