Phoenix Gold Australia's 12x 12" Elite's 24kw - 160.2dB @ 40Hz

Someone is closer to get stupid loud :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Hi All,

Sorry for not getting pics up yesterday but by the time we called it a night, ate pizza and had a shower we were KNACKERED!!!

Not a lot of pictures to show you as most of Sunday was a repeat of Saturday. We cut out the grooves for the LED lights into the bottom box. We did a final fill and sand of both boxes so they are completely ready for laminate. We glued and screwed all the side panels and rear wall together following the dry fit placement we did Saturday.

The only NEW thing we did was mark and drill the holes into the metal bracing. We marked and drilled each side individually and 'hoped' that they would line up to pass the bolts through to brace the side wall. Great thing is, they all lined up!!!

So now Glenn just needs to do the final welding/grinding of the bracing and their ready for primer and paint. The top and bottom boxes are now ready for laminate and lighting. We just need to build the front wall and port(s) and the perspex (plexiglass) signage for the rear wall.

So here's the few 'exciting' pics from Sunday:

IMGP3353.jpg

IMGP3354.jpg

IMGP3355.jpg

More throughout the week!

Cheers,

Scott

Hi All,

A quick mid-week update, got a bit of prep work done on some minor jobs on our list.

Grabbed some 3" PVC pipe and started chopping it up for the round over's on the port. Also laid down a quick layer of high fill on the baffle steps just incase you can see them through the edge-lit plexiglass pieces. Way easier to do it now then once it's in the car!

Tried a quick joke with these pics on Facebook, telling people this was the actual port diametre and length for all 18 of the 12's, sad thing is either no one got the joke, or worse, they believed me?!?

IMGP3357.jpg

IMGP3358.jpg

Quick jig to hold things sqaure through the tablesaw without loosing a finger

IMGP3359.jpg

Halves...

IMGP3360.jpg

Quaters...

IMGP3361.jpg

Now we just need to mitre them into the port frame once it's built

and the steps...

IMGP3362.jpg

IMGP3363.jpg

More later this week.

Cheers,

Scott

mind sharing how you cut those pipes? Moar pictures of how you do it might help to clear things up.

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order

and the awesome work continues!

Bad ass brace you got there sir! Can't wait to see this thing done

Hey thanks for that but it's Glenn our resident metal work expert and welder that you should be saying that to LOL... I'll pass along your 'kind words' :P

Cheers,

Scott

mind sharing how you cut those pipes? Moar pictures of how you do it might help to clear things up.

Sorry about that I was on my own while Finn was sleeping and only took a few pics and now have no more pipe. I'll do my best to explain though...

IMGP3359.jpg

Basically I had a 3" PVC pipe and used 1/2" Plywood for my jig. The jig is just a simple right angle piece running the length of the pipe. I held the pipe in place so it was touching both the 'bottom' and 'side' of the jig and then screwed it to the side wall. Make sure you use short screws so the saw blade doesn't hit them when you cut the pipe in half.

Now that we have a flat surface to run against the fence of the tablesaw, as well as one to slide along the actual table we're sure to not have the pipe twist on us while we run it through the tablesaw. Not sure if this makes sense?

Since my saw blade will cut more than 3-1/2" height I could run the blade through in one pass. All I had to do was set my fence at half of 3" plus the width of the plywood jig, so 1.5" + 1/2" = 2". Then I split the width of the blade (approx 1/16th") and took that off my 2" measurement for the fence so I would end up with two equal halves of the pipe.

IMGP3360.jpg

From there it's easy since you now have two flat half circles of pipe and can runthem straight through the tablesaw (setting your fence at 1.5" - 1/16th") to cut each half into quarters.

IMGP3361.jpg

Easy - Right?

Worst part of cutting PVC is that it's full of static electricity so it sticks to EVERYTHING!!!

Hope this helps to explain things without pics?

Cheers,

Scott

Yeah awesome thanks. 2morrow is build day?

Do you have a shop or something...surely this must be a demo car?

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order

Yeah awesome thanks. 2morrow is build day?

Do you have a shop or something...surely this must be a demo car?

No shop, just me and my family and some friends building it in my garage.

And yes it will be the demo car for Stinger Australia, we're the authorised Australian distributors for AAMP of America which includes Stinger and Phoenix Gold among other brands ;)

Just got an update that all amps and subwoofers will be arriving in the country early November, so we may have some 'sound' in mid-November if we push it! Then it's just final beauty panels and clean up before the BIG show in early January.

Cheers,

Scott

Archived