DC Sound Lab

Need some suggestions on an enclosure!

Hey guys, ..my first post here. Ive been doing some searching here, the last few days. Im putting together a nice/semi budget sound system for our shop car, ...a 99 SC300 Lexus.

Heres what Im working with so far. Almost ready to start installing, ..and definately need to start working on an enclosure, amp racks, wiring, trim panels, ect.

HU: Alpine 9886

Front: DD cs6.5 components

Rear: DD 6.5 coaxials

on a DD SS4 amp.

Sub: DC 12" lvl 4/5 hybrid

on a DD M2a amp.

Im using either a Kinetic 800amp power cell, in the trunk, ..or I might just run full size Optima yellow top. Also installing a 200amp alternator, and of course doing the big three.

Using Knuconceptz Krystal rca's, their Klear 12g speaker wire, and their Karma SS 8g wire for the sub. Then, 0g and 4g for the rest, ..using some wire that I already had.

I ordered the sub, today. It's a DC 12" lvl 4 with lvl 5 soft parts, dual 2's, and an extra spider. Also, got a carbon fiber concaved dust cap, ....so it looks perty!

My delima Im facing now, ..is the ported enclosure. I've heard that it should be as small as 1.5cu ft, to as big as 2.5cu ft. When I was on the phone with the DC rep, ..he said 2.0cu ft. And, it should be tuned to 32-35 hertz. I just dont see how such a tiny box, like 1.5cu ft, ..could do much. Maybe I just really dont understand how sound waves work.

I dont know if it should be a retangular port, or like an aero port? This box is in the trunk, and the subs will be facing the back of the car. The back seats dont fold down, ..plus the gas tank is in the front of the trunk, limiting the box's depth.

I want this thing to hit hard. Would like to be 140+ db. I need it to be no more than about 12" deep, for everything to fit in my trunk (I have air ride also). I have plenty of room for the height, and width. Any opinions of what type/size of enclosure?

I tried downloading a box tuning calculator,. but I cant get it to open. Any help, or even a point in a good direction, is greatly appreciated. If I can get the right design and dimentions, I can build a good box. Ive only done sealed boxes, back in the day, ...but I do have experience building things/working with wood.