Sonic Electronix

regal gs kicker l7 15's setup opinions

so i jus got my buick regal gs and its time for a bump in the trunk... i got a good deal on 2 l7 15's and i have a hifonics bxi2006 left over from my last car... now for the variable, what i was thinkin about doin was makin a box that has the subs facing right against the back of the back seat and the port facing forward into the passthrough with the fold down armrest or even building the port sticking out of the box to actually come through the passthrough of the back seat... the reason for this idea is ive had a few full size american cars and with systems in the trunk and im my opinion when u make a box thats rear facing firing into the trunk space it just doesnt sound as good as it could, system i put in my dads durango and put in my friends hatchback sound soo much better when its all one big common airspace... im just wanting opinions of more experience people and possibly if anyone has done what im wanting to...... what size enclosure, what to tune it to, port area, extend the port through into the cabin or leave it flush with the baffle.... jus want some ideas to bounce around, thanks

Archived