ZachKruchkow Posted September 2, 2011 Report Posted September 2, 2011 I have a couple Alpine speakers hooked up to a Hifonics Zues amp. They were working great for the first month until I put in my alternator and subs. Those are not the problem. The speakers make a cracking noise randomly and will randomly go up and down in volume even when the sound volume is on 0. I have had my car on Acc. and it still makes this sound. Any help would be appreciated.
Bluliner Posted September 3, 2011 Report Posted September 3, 2011 I have a couple Alpine speakers hooked up to a Hifonics Zues amp. They were working great for the first month until I put in my alternator and subs. Those are not the problem. The speakers make a cracking noise randomly and will randomly go up and down in volume even when the sound volume is on 0. I have had my car on Acc. and it still makes this sound. Any help would be appreciated. The problem is in your amp. Check to make sure you sanded away the paint from the ground, that you at least used a star washer, and that you grounded to a good piece of metal. A bad piece of metal would be a seat rail or support that has been painted and added to the car. Your speakers are probably fine...your amp though.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.