kbreudi Posted November 2, 2007 Report Posted November 2, 2007 Ok well i got a pair mid bass woofers that i plan on power with a 2 channel amp. The responce of the woofers is 60Hz to 500 Hz. I plan on hi passing it at 80 Hz and low pass at about 500 Hz. I want to make my own pasive crossovers but need a littl help. I did the calculations and will need a 470 micro farad capacitor to hi pass at 80 Hz. I will also need a 1.27 milli Henries inductor to low pass at 500 hz. BUT cant i use either the low or hi pass on the amp as one of the crossover points, that way ill only need either a cap or inductor? If so what one would be easier to build? I looked at radioshack website and they have a 470micro farad cap but they dont have ANY incuctors from what i could tell. Also what dermines the crossover slope? I geuss i would use a 12 dB/octive slope? How would i get that as well? Thanks for the help guys! TEAM SUNDOWN 4 Nightshade 15"s 2 Sundown SAZ-4500 8 Deep Cycle batts 1998 Cadillac Catera SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall
noobaslt Posted November 2, 2007 Report Posted November 2, 2007 http://www.partsexpress.com/resources/buil...a-crossover.cfm hope it helps
kbreudi Posted November 2, 2007 Author Report Posted November 2, 2007 http://www.partsexpress.com/resources/buil...a-crossover.cfm hope it helps Thanks for the link but not too much info like sizes and how to wire them. Actualy the pics look very complicated, compaired to what i saw on bcae.com...anyone else TEAM SUNDOWN 4 Nightshade 15"s 2 Sundown SAZ-4500 8 Deep Cycle batts 1998 Cadillac Catera SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.