Sonic Electronix

Help With Building Passive Crossover

Ok well i got a pair mid bass woofers that i plan on power with a 2 channel amp. The responce of the woofers is 60Hz to 500 Hz. I plan on hi passing it at 80 Hz and low pass at about 500 Hz. I want to make my own pasive crossovers but need a littl help. I did the calculations and will need a 470 micro farad capacitor to hi pass at 80 Hz. I will also need a 1.27 milli Henries inductor to low pass at 500 hz. BUT cant i use either the low or hi pass on the amp as one of the crossover points, that way ill only need either a cap or inductor? If so what one would be easier to build? I looked at radioshack website and they have a 470micro farad cap but they dont have ANY incuctors from what i could tell. Also what dermines the crossover slope? I geuss i would use a 12 dB/octive slope? How would i get that as well? Thanks for the help guys!

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

Thanks for the link but not too much info like sizes and how to wire them. Actualy the pics look very complicated, compaired to what i saw on bcae.com...anyone else

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

Archived