Ok so I need to put a keyless entry/ remote starter on a 1998 Dodge Ram and the guy doesnt know if it came with factory keyless entry or not. I have a disc at home from 12 volt resource that says the truck has reverse polarity door locks and needs 2 relays to work plus the factory lock and unlock wires should be cut in half. Directechs has a diagram that shows only the unlock wire needs to be cut in half and not the lock wire and then use the 2 relays. Which is right? Anybody have experience with this truck that knows for sure?

Ok so I need to put a keyless entry/ remote starter on a 1998 Dodge Ram and the guy doesnt know if it came with factory keyless entry or not. I have a disc at home from 12 volt resource that says the truck has reverse polarity door locks and needs 2 relays to work plus the factory lock and unlock wires should be cut in half. Directechs has a diagram that shows only the unlock wire needs to be cut in half and not the lock wire and then use the 2 relays. Which is right? Anybody have experience with this truck that knows for sure?

First, look to the right of the steering column, if the truck has factory keyless, you should see a box there, with one long screw holding it in from the bottom. It has two connectors on it. Take it down, and that's where you can tag the lock and unlock. Unlock needs to be relay isolated, but lock will take a straight positive. The reason for the two relays is that most alarms output lock and unlock as a negative output.

You need to cut and apply on the Unlock, and just tag lock. I usually use a 451M on these.

Front Stage: Kicker QS 65.2 Components, MB Quart Reference 5.25 in the a pillars,

Midbass: Kicker CVT8's in the rear doors,

Headunit: Pioneer DEHP880PRS - Running Active

Amps: US AMPS XT1600.4/XT800.4

No beat yet.

Twitter

Soon as remote start season ends, I'll be able to work on my car some more.