Im an Idiot with home audio... Help pls..

So I don't know shit about home audio.. I have a receiver ill post model number in the morning but it doesnt have a usb slot for my Ipod. It still has a phono one and aux rca inputs tho. It's kinda older maybe 10 or so years. I would like to be able to play my ipod on it. Also i wanna know how to hook up a car sub to the receiver... Do i have to have a car amp? what do i need to hook that up if so... Thanks guys again i feel like an idiot on the home audio stuff lol just seems so different to me haha..

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 XS Power D3400 (under hood)

1 Addictive Audio 500.1 :D

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

(New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)

get an aux to rca cable and use a dock which has an aux outout for your ipod and hook it up that way and as for a 4 ohm sub your best performance would be to get a 12 volt battery and 110 volt wall plug in trickle charger to charge batt and hook up a 12 volt amp like in your car and just run your rcas from your receiver to the amp on any rca output from the receiver and as for the remote you can wire it into the batt side of amp or run a wire somewhere to your receiver to turn your amp on and off and hook up your sub off that car audio amp

but if you dont want to go thru all that just find like an 8 ohm sub such as an jl w1 and put in box and just run it off one of your speaker outputs from your receiver

thats my two cents

Edited by jakobebassbudds

2 12ks and i dont know what to do

build in the works!

So I don't know shit about home audio.. I have a receiver ill post model number in the morning but it doesnt have a usb slot for my Ipod. It still has a phono one and aux rca inputs tho. It's kinda older maybe 10 or so years. I would like to be able to play my ipod on it. Also i wanna know how to hook up a car sub to the receiver... Do i have to have a car amp? what do i need to hook that up if so... Thanks guys again i feel like an idiot on the home audio stuff lol just seems so different to me haha..

this may not be the right way but its fast and cheap..........

take a old pair of headphones and cut the wire from the headphones leaving you with a headphone jack and wire.next cut a pair of rca cords to desired length. strip both cut ends.take the reds twist and tape,whites twist and tape bare wires twist and tape...then pulg the rca's in the stereo,ipod to headphones and ur in business...i use these cords on my ipod,pc and other devices.

as far as hooking a sub to the home receiver its just like hooking a sub in the box it came from...if not i would look @ radio shack for crossovers and floow its instructions...hope this helps

also i run walmart daul 12"S on my pioneer reciver @100 wtts eacd and it sound graet and has worked for 3 years...lol(yea im cheap)

Edited by extremeauto

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

haha you know you can buy an aux to rca cord for about the same you would take the time to cut and splice head phones and rcas together !!!!! i baught a six foot aux to rca cable for 5 bucks and then bought a 20 foot aux cord for 12 bucks and a dual female aux cupler for 4 bucks to have my laptop hooked up to my receiver adn still sit in my recliner accros the room and hide the wire under the couch and carpet . anyways an aux to rca cable is cheap

build in the works!

For the ipod to receiver, all you need is a rca to 3.5mm cable. And hook it up the back of receiver in the Aux slot or any other rca slot. The subs are not 12 volt!!!! The subs may have a diffent ohm.

amps 12 volt yes and subs are usually 4 ohm and less for car audio and 6 to 8 ohm for home audio

3.5 mm is usaually called auxiliary

Edited by jakobebassbudds

build in the works!

For the ipod to receiver, all you need is a rca to 3.5mm cable. And hook it up the back of receiver in the Aux slot or any other rca slot. The subs are not 12 volt!!!! The subs may have a diffent ohm.

amps 12 volt yes and subs are usually 4 ohm and less for car audio and 6 to 8 ohm for home audio

Auxiliary FYI stands for secondary or supplementary. Your the one who called speakers 12 volts.

Auxiliary FYI stands for secondary or supplementary. Your the one who called speakers 12 volts.

meaning the amplifier and 4 ohm sub

build in the works!

haha you know you can buy an aux to rca cord for about the same you would take the time to cut and splice head phones and rcas together !!!!! i baught a six foot aux to rca cable for 5 bucks and then bought a 20 foot aux cord for 12 bucks and a dual female aux cupler for 4 bucks to have my laptop hooked up to my receiver adn still sit in my recliner accros the room and hide the wire under the couch and carpet . anyways an aux to rca cable is cheap

cheap walmart rca's 2.96....... earbuds 5.99 electric tape 0.99 walmart time spent spliceing 5 mins haveing all your friend try to figure out how you have killer bass&SQ on ur pc.....priceless!!!

ive been doin these cords for @8 years and never knew they sold em

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

cheap walmart rca's 2.96....... earbuds 5.99 electric tape 0.99 walmart time spent spliceing 5 mins haveing all your friend try to figure out how you have killer bass&SQ on ur pc.....priceless!!!

ive been doin these cords for @8 years and never knew they sold em

3.5mm to rca cord cost about 5 bucks a Radio shack.