Sonic Electronix

i was just wondering if anyone has had experience with AQ hdc3 18's? just wondering about there power handling. i seen on youtube people pushing them with 2000rms+. can these subs handle that kind of power daily? i just ordered one with dual 1ohm coils. my amp claims to push 3200rms at 1ohm. i don't believe it cause it is a power acoustik BAMF5500. not the best amp, but it does it's job. just want to make sure i'm not going to blow this sub as soon as i power it up.

i didn't think so either, but this is my first "real" sub. i have always had to run generic brands, and am so excited about getting this sub. it's also my first 18! going to be ran in the trunk of a chrysler lhs. took awhile to save up the money for this sub, and don't want anything ruining it. and yes, i am going to run it 2ohms. amp claims 2500rms at 2ohm, but that is doubtful too. going to start saving again to get an AQ2200. can't wait! thanks fopr the help guys.

I doubt you will blow it with that amp. Just make absolutely sure your not sending it a clipped signal. You also wont be able to run that amp at 1 ohm since you ordered a dual 1 ohm sub. It will have to run at 2 ohms or .5 ohms.

I used to run 2 of them on 2 2200s daily at .35 a piece. haha seriously those amps are awesome and the woofers can handle the power all day long.

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

yes it is. an AQ setup has been a dream of mine for awhile. that dream is slowly coming to reality. AQ is an awesome brand just in itself. they're not overpriced, and they're defenitely underrated!

The AQ 2200 is an awesome amp. Im actually going to run 2 of these in my civic once i rebuild it.

i've never had the opportunity to hear AQ in person, but just seeing the damage they do on youtube, and the price tags got me on the bandwagon. where i live isn't real big on the system scene. and the ones that are into systems all run big box store brands. i can't wait to get it, put the AQ on my window, and watch it "wave" to everyone on the street lol. AQ ftmfw!

Oh he'll ya underrated

I love when people ask if I have a system in my truck I say 2 audioque sdc2.5 and they always say oh you run off brand then they get a demo and poof there on the bandwagon