93 525i and a pair of MTX 9500's

First off, its almost midnight as I post this, so pics will come tomorrow. This will be the second system in this vehicle technically.

Equipment list (what i currently have)

Two dual 4ohm MTX Thunder 9500's

Two Alpine MRP M-1000's (one per sub at 2ohm)

MTX Elite TE-604 4 channel

Focal K2 power 165kr (front stage)

Herts dsk 135 as temp rear stage

15' or so of stinger 1/0

Need to order (things will slowly be ordered every other tuesday as those are pay days lol)

25' 4awg (blue)

25' 4awg (red)

misc. connectors and fuse holders/fuses

The plan is to start with the electrical system then box. I have a second group 93 battery to put in the trunk, which I will obviously use 1/0 for that. Then there will be 2 runs of 1/0 (using this http://www.darvex.com/store/pc/XScorpion-Multi-Output-Battery-Terminal-14p233.htm) from the second battery to two of these fuse holders http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Website/Tsunami-FBW701-ANL-1-0-or-4-Gauge-In-Out-ANL-Fuse-Holder/FBW701-ANL.aspx each with a 250 ANL to this distribution block http://www.darvex.com/store/pc/Stinger-0-4-Gauge-T-Distribution-Block-26p18.htm as far as power side goes. For ground i will use the rear firewall with a ground lug (2'' bolt with nut welded together) and 4awg straight off that to amps. I feel even with the stock 140amp alt i should have plenty of power for roughly 22-2300 watts RMS. If theres power issues they will be taken care of then. Lets just first work with what i got lol.

For the box I dont have plans yet really. I read that 2.5 cubes per sub ported is ideal with these subs, so that will be the target. Port desing and area is totally undecided, but I do know i wanna try and direct the port through the rear arm rest/ski pass hole. If anyone would like to give suggestions to box design I will get dimensions later, and some trunk pics.

Also need to rework the kick panels to accept the 6.5 woofers, got a fam friend that will be helping with that part. But it should be pretty easy.

BTW its all controlled by a kenwood excellon kvt-696 that i need to send in to have the flip out mechanism repaired. Down the road i wanna get a processor but for now the kvt has enough settings to keep me happy. Like I said, pics tomorrow of the tear down. MDF to be purchased on tuesday for false floor along with some of the things mentioned above. I close at work most days so all work will be done mostly on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Hope to have a decent update for you guys by thursday. Thanks for reading, first time ever documenting a build like this.

2001 BMW 525i

12'' MTX Thunder 9500

Alpine mrp-m1000

Focal mids/highs

Alpine mrp-f300

Build thread to come in a couple weeks after I source some more stuff

woops, yes they are 12s

pics are uploading to photobucket now

Edited by Keith2

2001 BMW 525i

12'' MTX Thunder 9500

Alpine mrp-m1000