i just pulled around a Jeep Liberty with a 2.8 turbo diesel!!!

You suck mang..we don't even have them on the lots yet. Is it a MCD or a Cummins? Post pics, I've gotta see the engine bay :D

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

You suck mang..we don't even have them on the lots yet. Is it a MCD or a Cummins? Post pics, I've gotta see the engine bay :D
theres a little cummins in this bad-boy! its in the lift untill monday afternoon so i'll take some pics this weekend. i didnt even know it had a "dizzle" in it untill i stomped on it and it turbo'd up.... for a liberty after that thing loaded up it took off like a little rocket!

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

yo man!

thanks for the info man! very helpful indeed

if i'm not wrong, the truck in a common rail engine.

here's a link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_L200

as for the emission problem thing, here's the thing: for new vehicles, the first 3 yrs u do not need to have any sort of inspection. so its pretty ok to screw ard with ur engine.

aniway, it seems that diesel engines are hard to mod eh.

ok assuming, is it possible to add on a unichip into the ecu and tune it for a bit more power? Or watever works on normal cars wont work on a diesel engine?

THanks man

Cheers

So your emissions laws are like here in Colorado. We have freedom for the first couple of years and then we have to get inspected every year.

Believe it or not, it is much easier to mod diesels then gas motors, but modding a diesel requires a little bit more finess. Example, being that adding power means adding fuel, you need to monitor your Exhaust Gas Temperatores at the hottest point (usually in the manifold at cylinders 4 and 6). So the first thing I reccomend is always put in a set of EGT and Boost gauges so that you know what your motor does stock. Watch it for a month or two and just pay attention to what is "Normal." Then as you start adding mods, you can watch your gauges as they are an immediate sign telling you if you are adding to much fuel. If it is a common rail motor, injectors will be terribly expensive to add, so I would start by trying to find a "Pressure" box for that truck. Pressure boxes are the common rail motors version of a tuner box or an upgrade chip. What happens is that a pressure box actually changes the timing of the fuel pump and adds more fuel to the common rail lines, thus adding pressure, giving the motor more fuel to deliver.

You are correct in your comment about what works for gas cars will not work for diesels. Diesels have different programming in their ECM's as they burn fuel and operate in complete different fashions. An example is this. Compare your Tach (rpm gauge) to the same vehicle that has a gas motor. A diesel will typicall turn half of the rpms as a gas motor because the pistons have more mass and the torque is turned on a lot earlier.

Here is an online forum that I just found for the L200 (http://www.l200.org.uk/community/index.php), it doesn't look like to big of a place, but it might be a place to ask specific questions about this motor and its capabilities.

theres a little cummins in this bad-boy! its in the lift untill monday afternoon so i'll take some pics this weekend. i didnt even know it had a "dizzle" in it untill i stomped on it and it turbo'd up.... for a liberty after that thing loaded up it took off like a little rocket!

Damnit I'm jealous. Imagine how that thing would take off if I had it for a weekend :D

I've got a stage 2 water/meth kit sitting here that I could put on it...lol

What are you guys doing do it?

Edited by str86diesel

So your emissions laws are like here in Colorado. We have freedom for the first couple of years and then we have to get inspected every year.

Believe it or not, it is much easier to mod diesels then gas motors, but modding a diesel requires a little bit more finess. Example, being that adding power means adding fuel, you need to monitor your Exhaust Gas Temperatores at the hottest point (usually in the manifold at cylinders 4 and 6). So the first thing I reccomend is always put in a set of EGT and Boost gauges so that you know what your motor does stock. Watch it for a month or two and just pay attention to what is "Normal." Then as you start adding mods, you can watch your gauges as they are an immediate sign telling you if you are adding to much fuel. If it is a common rail motor, injectors will be terribly expensive to add, so I would start by trying to find a "Pressure" box for that truck. Pressure boxes are the common rail motors version of a tuner box or an upgrade chip. What happens is that a pressure box actually changes the timing of the fuel pump and adds more fuel to the common rail lines, thus adding pressure, giving the motor more fuel to deliver.

You are correct in your comment about what works for gas cars will not work for diesels. Diesels have different programming in their ECM's as they burn fuel and operate in complete different fashions. An example is this. Compare your Tach (rpm gauge) to the same vehicle that has a gas motor. A diesel will typicall turn half of the rpms as a gas motor because the pistons have more mass and the torque is turned on a lot earlier.

Here is an online forum that I just found for the L200 (http://www.l200.org.uk/community/index.php), it doesn't look like to big of a place, but it might be a place to ask specific questions about this motor and its capabilities.

cool man!

Thanks a million!

Cheers!

Shok Industries

Feel the POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Competition SQ Car install by Dimension Audio Singapore

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=65190

Sure buddy, I'm always here if you need anything.

Hopefully they hurry up and give me the dates that I'll be in Singapore and I'll tune that puppy for ya..lol

Edited by str86diesel

Damnit I'm jealous. Imagine how that thing would take off if I had it for a weekend :D

I've got a stage 2 water/meth kit sitting here that I could put on it...lol

What are you guys doing do it?

small lift kit, brush guards,tires, and wheels....

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=