Sonic Electronix

Trying hard to learn. Please walk me through this (:

Okay for example (this isn't what im getting but its the first thing i came across) Anyways say i wanted to build a ported box for this sub.

the mtx thunder 8000 here are some specs,

freq response- 32-200 hrtz

mounting depth is 7.68"

Volume Displacement 51.26 cu in

Vented Enclosure Net Volume 2.00 cu ft

RMS Power (Watts) 500

Okay.. lets say i wanted this under the back seat of my truck.. (i know its to small of a space but lets just say) How do i even begin?! most subs are ported to what? 33 hrtz? Okay i want this sub tuned to 33 hrtz. How do i begin to even design it? how do i make that box fit in a certain area? its 2.00 cu ft. but i have no idea what sizes to cut the wood? port size? ahhh this is confusing. thanks.. sorry im kinda dumb at this whole ported thing :ehh:

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

^That

Determine the max size you can make the box, then figure how much you can remove from that max. to get the 2cubes after displacement.

also factor in the standard 12-16square in. of port per cubic foot.

You have absolutes:

Sub displacement

Box volume after displacement

Tuning frequency

Port area

Size limitation

Once you know your size limitations the rest is easy.

Edited by TheBetterMethod

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

what r the max dimensions u have to work with

im making this up, its freezing ass cold outside and im lazy.. haha i was just wondering how to do this... here is my guess.. i could go 3 feet long, 1 1/2 feet deep, 1 foot tall in the front, and 8 inches in the back? (the seat tapers back?) and then there is a transmission hump. hope that helped

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

^That

Determine the max size you can make the box, then figure how much you can remove from that max. to get the 2cubes after displacement.

also factor in the standard 12-16square in. of port per cubic foot.

With the measurements i gave could u give me an example/ i know its asking alot.. sorry man

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

im making this up, its freezing ass cold outside and im lazy.. haha i was just wondering how to do this... here is my guess.. i could go 3 feet long, 1 1/2 feet deep, 1 foot tall in the front, and 8 inches in the back? (the seat tapers back?) and then there is a transmission hump. hope that helped

alrite what kinda truck do u drive cause ive yet to see a truck thats got a tranny hump under the back seat so ima just take that factor out for u

Well with those dimension you have right around 2.8 cubic feet for the max volume of the box before displacement and not factoring in the hump in the floor.

So that makes it hard to work with.

If you use one 4 inch aero port and tune to 33hz and the final volume after displacement is 2 cubes, you have an extra .6 cubes to play with. That's using the dimension and displacement you posted. I think the sub displacement you posted may be wrong, it seems too small.

Edited by TheBetterMethod

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Well with those dimension you have right around 2.5 cubic feet for the max volume of the box before displacement and not factoring in the hump in the floor.

So that makes it hard to work with.

Sorry I said it wrong.. I could go like 4 feet long? How ever wide a regular truck is I could go that

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

alrite what kinda truck do u drive cause ive yet to see a truck thats got a tranny hump under the back seat so ima just take that factor out for u

I drive a 95 chevy k1500 and I could go like 4 or 5 feet long.. How ever wide a regular truck is haha

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif