Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well...

Here it is!

IMG_0195.jpg

Here's the box:

Cut the holes with my old jig saw

IMG_0264.jpg

High gloss Laquer

IMG_0269.jpg

45˚s

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

After a crap ton of primer and an @$$ load of sanding; two cans of Rust-o-liner:

IMG_0304.jpg

Got the port in and the speaker wire rigged up

IMG_0305.jpg

Hid the amp and turn-on relay under the false floor. Only photo I have is this crappy mock up shot:

IMG_0306.jpg

This is how I like my speaker wires. 8awg ofc, techflex and heat shrink. Crimped the rings on:

P5200012.jpg

More later guys.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Posted

god damn thats clean. great job man

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Posted

Thanks sir!

Here's how she fit:

P5200003.jpg

She's dusty and dirty and my garage is dark. Here's a bad photo:

P5200004.jpg

Tucks just under the back of the seat:

IMG_0310.jpg

I've got a lot more pictures on the way...

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Posted

Here's the headunit:

P5200020.jpg

1st USB to the center console:

P5200021.jpg

Second USB to the 1/2 DIN pocket. PAC LC1 in the dash too:

P5200019.jpg

XS S3400

P5200039.jpg

Big 3 and whatnot. Power wire under the car, Kicker 1/0 wrapped in techflex:

P5200048.jpg

P5200044.jpg

P5200051.jpg

P5200052.jpg

Second Skin: Mostly Damp. Pro. Some Alpha Damp. that I didn't take photos of:

P5200011.jpg

P5200006.jpg

P5200009.jpg

More to come. Much more.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Posted

Looks good buddy!

It's funny, I have that same exact amp in my subaru outback in the same exact place as you.

Get this on the meter?

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Posted

Yeah man, I noticed we have the same amp. It's great how it fits down there!

Haven't metered yet. I just got the box sorted out. More on that in a bit.

Thanks guys!

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Posted

Uh-oh!

P6020059.jpg

Box flexed like an SOB. I decided it was time for the second baffle. Also added threaded inserts and ABS cement on the port.

It's a ton louder now and sounds way better. Anyway, I like the photos so here be more!

P6020055.jpg

P6020058.jpg

P6020072.jpg

P6020072.jpg

And a third of a pound of screw + urethane =

P6030075.jpg

P6030073.jpg

Fixed her up nice:

P6130077.jpg

P6130078.jpg

P6130079.jpg

P6130080.jpg

That's about all for now. Let me know what you think! It's my second box ever so I'm learning a lot through trial and error.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Posted

I'll trim up the speaker wire tomorrow probably. Didn't want it too short. Gotta get the dust off of the box too. It's a lot sexier in person. :D

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Posted

so did that second skin help any on the hatch??

I wish I could find a way to take my headliner off and put some deader in there because my roof flex is SOOOOO bad. Are you having similar issues?

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1152 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...