Sonic Electronix

Trying hard to learn. Please walk me through this (:

When you can the real dimensions, I'll be here to help. :good:

000_0005-1.jpg

heres a thing i drew up. photobucket lost so much quality.. i hope u can still read it :/ and it helps..

I can go 61" long. i forgot to add that.

Edited by Twostrokeking

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

If you drive a 95 ext cab chevy, you have shit for room.

Just buy a prefab.

That is a pretty complex box.

100% agree with this. those boxes do suck to build from scratch and if you havent built one before i wouldnt suggest it.

Now if you do want to build one yourself draw it all out and get a rough design (thats what i do) then worry about cuts once its there laid out for you.

Or you could buy a prefab box like he said, then work out the cubes it has and the displacement you will have and port it yourself. Throw a few 4" pieces of tubing in there and call it good. Wont take you more than 30 minutes (TOPS) of work time when you could spend more than all day on that box with your experience you know?

Hope this helps

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

If you drive a 95 ext cab chevy, you have shit for room.

Just buy a prefab.

That is a pretty complex box.

100% agree with this. those boxes do suck to build from scratch and if you havent built one before i wouldnt suggest it.

Now if you do want to build one yourself draw it all out and get a rough design (thats what i do) then worry about cuts once its there laid out for you.

Or you could buy a prefab box like he said, then work out the cubes it has and the displacement you will have and port it yourself. Throw a few 4" pieces of tubing in there and call it good. Wont take you more than 30 minutes (TOPS) of work time when you could spend more than all day on that box with your experience you know?

Hope this helps

Im just tryin to learn how to figure up the volume of all of it.. when i get the cash my back seat will be raised 4 inches and i will have 2 ported 12's back there under the seat. Any places i could go to learn?

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Well looking at that, the only way you could make a decent box is to fiberglass the bottom to the contours of the floor. The dimensions in the drawing are a little confusing, but the volume I came up with was 2.9 cu.ft. before subtracting the hump and irregularities. After subtracting those irregularities, your actual available box volume is about 2.7 cu.ft. or less. It's just hard to tell judging by the photo. Once the seat is raised 4 inches you'll gain about 1.4 cu.ft. and that will bring your available gross box volume up to approximately 4.1cu.ft. which is plenty for two twelves and a port.

All that was figured out with just a basic understanding of geometry. I'm no mathematician I just understand how to apply what I've been taught. If you can figure the volume of a cube, your good to go. Just break the dimensions you have into multiple volumes, instead of trying to do all the math with one equation.

What I did was take the height X depth X width to determine the major volume. Then calculate the volume of the hump, and subtract that from the major value.

Hopefully I explained that in a way that make sense. Let me know if that didn't help. :trippy:

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Well looking at that, the only way you could make a decent box is to fiberglass the bottom to the contours of the floor. The dimensions in the drawing are a little confusing, but the volume I came up with was 2.9 cu.ft. before subtracting the hump and irregularities. After subtracting those irregularities, your actual available box volume is about 2.7 cu.ft. or less. It's just hard to tell judging by the photo. Once the seat is raised 4 inches you'll gain about 1.4 cu.ft. and that will bring your available gross box volume up to approximately 4.1cu.ft. which is plenty for two twelves and a port.

All that was figured out with just a basic understanding of geometry. I'm no mathematician I just understand how to apply what I've been taught. If you can figure the volume of a cube, your good to go. Just break the dimensions you have into multiple volumes, instead of trying to do all the math with one equation.

What I did was take the height X depth X width to determine the major volume. Then calculate the volume of the hump, and subtract that from the major value.

Hopefully I explained that in a way that make sense. Let me know if that didn't help. :trippy:

Im finally understanding it a little bit! like for a wedge shaped box i learned that size the depth of the bottom is going to be bigger then the top you average the two! Fuckin A!

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Exactly! Average out the differences and treat everything like a square box. :good:

Exactly! Average out the differences and treat everything like a square box. :good:

Lol finally!! Thanks man!

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Okay while i wait until i have the money for an amp so i can start on the project of building the box i am going to build a ported box for my 10" mtx just to see if i can do it! I got the right dimensions down to get 1.5 cubic feet of air space.. How do i find how tall, wide and long i need my port to be?! Ive looked everywhere.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

The standard rule is 12-16sq.in. per cubic foot of box after displacement.

You need to have between 18-24sq.in. of port for a box that size.

Depending on the dimensions of your box your port can be any size that equals 18-24 square inches.

The standard rule is 12-16sq.in. per cubic foot of box after displacement.

You need to have between 18-24sq.in. of port for a box that size.

Depending on the dimensions of your box your port can be any size that equals 18-24 square inches.

Thanks man! Well the box dimensions are 14" High, 20" Wide, 15" Deep, which gives me 1.5 cubes after displacement. A port calculator says i need 33" of port.. i was like that cant be right. can it?? I need help haha

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif