Nine8SST's 1998 Dodge Ram SS/T

its nice to see more people from the northwest on here,im from just down in olympia myself. that truck is what caught my eye cause a friend of mine has one as well.

ROYAL DIAMONDS CAR CLUB "VICE PRESIDENT"
90 ISUZU PICKUP "BLOOD BATH"
XENON H.I.D. KITS BY G&M AUTOSPORT
XENON KITS ONLINE BY G&M AUTOSPORT DIRECT WEBSITE

Cool man, you're not far from me at all......there are a few of us on here from this area!!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

I got a set of nice leather buckets that match my interior perfectly.....so now I'm having second thoughts about my box.

Question:

Will a center console box be louder and sound better than the one I have that is behind the passenger seat(sub forward port to the driver side)?

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Depends. I did a center console for my sibgle 12 and was 1.5 dbs louder than anything i had behind my seats. But a tried a new design with the 2 10s i have now and im a full 2 dbs louder than my center console. Try a 2.3 cube box tuned to 36be hz with the port firing the passenger side. And if thats not any louder, do the center console. After a while i got tired of not having a center seat. Haha. Ill add some pictures here in a minute of what ive had in my truck.

This box was 2.4 cubes tuned to 36 hz with a 6" aero. IA Death Penalty 12 clamped at 800 watts. Did a 140.0 at 41 hz.

P2050788.jpg

This box was 1.8 cubes tuned to 34 hz with i think 36 sq in of port. Fi Bl 12 clamped at 780 watts. Could do a 141.6 at 41 hz, but didn't hit the lows very well.

DSC01250.jpg

This is my current setup now. box is 2.45 cubes tuned to 38 hz with 50 sq in of port. 2 DD 1510's clamped at 1100 watts. Can do a 144.1 at 41 hz and a 142.1 at 24 hz.

DSC01871.jpg

DSC01874.jpg

Where is the port on the console? Those are all really nice btw!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Its pointing out the front of the box along the bottom. Never tried port back (heard that would be louder but idk). I liked it at first, but if you build a box for behind the seats, make the port big and keep that side of the truck sealed where the port is firing while opening the opposite door. Will peak at about 41 hz AND at about 23 hz.

Archived