I recently purchased a a little older kicker zx1500.1 and a orion hcca 12.4. the guy i bought them from said he wired the sub to 2 ohm and ran 1/0 and added an extra battery so i should do the same. well i did that and the amp will power for a little while but after a minute it will shut off and turn back on and make the sub pop and shut back off again. and if i shut the car off and turn it back on in an hour or two it will play for half a minute and do the same crap again. i tested the turn on and power and its good theres constant current there but it shuts off. any ideas?

p.s. ya im kinda of a noob to this.. so sorry if i sound dumb

06 v6 Mustangbig 3Mechman 270 Hybrid G2 interstate batteriesBC3500 wired at 12 Sundown x-10 D4's

take a dmm and check your ohm load on your sub see if you at 2 for sure idk what coils it has but if its dual 2 then you could be a one ohm if your in parallel

edit: and kicker amps don't do 1 ohm loads

Edited by Jd1102

only other thing i know could be a voice coil going out dropping ohm load to much? if not that then have to wait for someone smarter to chime in sorry if that don't help man

edit: can't type right

Edited by Jd1102