1995 Chevy Truck Build! THE HULK. Updates!!

most likely yes, unless ur planing on fiberglassing the inside then less so. for smaller boxes, ive seen a lot of people use 5/8" instead of the recommended 3/4" and sometimes it turns out ok and others not so much.

well i plan on bracing it and doubling the baffle. you think i fckd up then? :ehh:

Weather or not you fucked up really doesn't matter. You are 15 years old and learning through trial and error.....you keep working as hard as you are now and you're gonna go far in life!! Much respect for that!!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

most likely yes, unless ur planing on fiberglassing the inside then less so. for smaller boxes, ive seen a lot of people use 5/8" instead of the recommended 3/4" and sometimes it turns out ok and others not so much.

well i plan on bracing it and doubling the baffle. you think i fckd up then? :ehh:

Weather or not you fucked up really doesn't matter. You are 15 years old and learning through trial and error.....you keep working as hard as you are now and you're gonna go far in life!! Much respect for that!!

Thanks man! Means alot! Audio is all I think about, I am very passionate about it. Do you think this box will work??

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Okay here is what was done today! After cleaning the garage because mom wanted her car IN it. i got to work!

Took the back seat out.

108_0028.jpg

When me and my dad ran my mids and highs from the crossovers in the back and the amps i wasn't able to hide the wires under the seat because with the seat in you cant pull the panels off to hide the wires and when we did it i didn't want to pull out the seat! haha. The wires before.

108_0029.jpg

After

108_0033.jpg

And while i had the panels off it was poly fill time! Don't know if it will help but i had it so i did it!

108_0031.jpg

Just used some quilt filling from my local grocery store.

108_0030.jpg

So by this time my back seat was starting to look like my bedroom! :rofl:

108_0034.jpg

Took care of that! And with the shopvac i vacuumed.

108_0035.jpg

Was gonna lay down the masking tape for the fiberglass over the plastic wrap i layed down but it kept moving around and looked bad.

108_0037.jpg

Figured i would just lay down two layers of tape just to be safe!! Half way through i ran out.. I can't drive yet since im only 15 so off i rode to the hardware store on my bike in the snow to get more tape!

108_0038.jpg

DONE!

108_0039.jpg

And after i showed my family what i learned in my foods class at high school! All made from scratch by myself! Everyone loved it!

108_0040.jpg

Let me know what you think!

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

So, did you decide to 86 the seat?

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

So, did you decide to 86 the seat?

86? and if u mean take it out for good then no, its just easier to work back there without it! It is very tempting! but no haha

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

question, i have fiberglassed before but never to the contour of a floor. i laid the tape down so do i just set the box in and lay fiberglass across the bottom and up to the sides so its attached? Please give me a quick rundown!

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

I would put your box down and mark the outside lines with a sharpie or a black marker of some sort. Then remove the box again and start glassing. When you've got a couple layers on, you'll put your box back in and line it up with the line, it should show through. Then you can glass on it there from the inside to connect them. That's how I would do it anyway.

Looking good. :drinks:

Remember, noone is going to be able to tell you if it's going to sound good. You're putting in the work, you're young, you're learning. Keep going the way you are, and when all is said and done, you'll know if it's good or if it's not good. I really like the dual 8's idea. A couple of SA-8's back there in a ported enclosure might really surprise you!

Keep up the good work buddy!

I would put your box down and mark the outside lines with a sharpie or a black marker of some sort. Then remove the box again and start glassing. When you've got a couple layers on, you'll put your box back in and line it up with the line, it should show through. Then you can glass on it there from the inside to connect them. That's how I would do it anyway.

Looking good. :drinks:

Remember, noone is going to be able to tell you if it's going to sound good. You're putting in the work, you're young, you're learning. Keep going the way you are, and when all is said and done, you'll know if it's good or if it's not good. I really like the dual 8's idea. A couple of SA-8's back there in a ported enclosure might really surprise you!

Keep up the good work buddy!

Thanks man! :) buying resin tomorrow! Gonna start this. Do I want chopped or weaved?

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Chopped .75oz to 1.5oz will do you just fine. Get polyester resin not epoxy.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Looking good man. I would try to make 1/2" plywood templates on the flat parts of your truck and use resin on the curved parts. A gallon of resin goes quick doing what you are trying to do. So by only using resin where you need to, on the curves, you should save yourself some materials.

Edit:

To put a little meaning into what I'm trying to get at.

35511451.jpg

This isn't to increase performance. It is to save you money in resin and increase the chances of a better outcome for you. If mounting depth is the reason for using glass above all, then you can cut holes in the template, say 7" in diameter, to give yourself a little more mounting depth. But

Archived