1995 Chevy Truck Build! THE HULK. Updates!!

Okay so I got a little bit done but no pics :( all I did was cutout the top piece, laid it on to see how she looked and she looks good other then there are gaps! Not because I cut it small but because I didn't notice until now but the front of the box is a bit warped and u only notice it with the top piece on, the middle is bowed in.. What I'm gonna have to do is lay the box on it's face, get behind it and kneel on the back when I'm screwing it ;) to force the pieces together.. I'll have to screw it fast ;) I figure what I'm going to do is put weather stripping around the top and then screw it together so it's air tight and then if it doesn't sound right when I get the subs in I can fix it without having to tear the box apart. Sorry for rambling on!! I'm excited

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Not a damn thing got done today! I spent over 4 hours after school doing math homework. Sucks ass. But My truck keeps me motivated! Here is the to do on the box.

Cut out another baffle and glue it on.

Cut out port hole. ( will be done when i get the port )

Cut out sub holes. ( will be done when i get the subs )

Screw down the top.

Caulk the whole thing.

Get the tape of the bottom.. It isn't necessary but little stuff bugs me.

Box wont be carpeted or the top sealed until I get the subs in and see how it sounds and if anything needs to be changed.

I cannot wait much longer for these subs! lol I'm way excited because ill just run them on my current amp until i can get the bd1000. I hope so bad i'm loudest and my highschool! Thanks for looking. :drinks:

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Looking good man. Keep it up and you will be doing demo vids in no time.

Thanks dude! And i hope its impressive when its done haha

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Alright guys, i got the top on. And it was a bitch.. it is still a bitch. Lol the humps in my floor .. well i had to make one side of the box 1/2" shorter then the other so it would fit no big deal but i couldn't cut the 1/2 angle with the table saw so i jig sawed it.. well that looks like shit so i tried to sand it is kind of wavy still.. i dont like it but i guess you won't see it. I just wish i had some of the guy's talent on here.

Here is the front of the box.

108_0144.jpg

And because the box isn't perfectly straight this is what the side looks like.. i have like 1/8" hang over. do you think it will be a problem? ): =@

108_0145.jpg

Here is the waves that piss me off.

108_0146.jpg

Heres my gaps. this whole thing looks like shit. what do you guys suggest i do?

108_0147.jpg

Heres the back of the box.

108_0148.jpg

God damn box split. I'm half tempted to start over on the top.. Then ill have to buy more wood.

108_0149.jpg:nea:

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

well i looked at i in the pictures. I am re doing the top. i know i can do better.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

nice build! and good luck on the top! and not sayin this to tick ya off or anything but once u get all this in, even tho it looks sick, and ur doing an ill job, ull say eff it! ima build another box, a better one, then another better one lol, u will always want to improve hahah

with all that said, COOL TRUCK AND BUILD!

2001 Dodge Ram

Kenwood Deck

Pioneer speakers

Just because someone doesn't comment every time you bump your thread doesn't mean there is no love. You're doing just fine, keep up the work. Trust yourself, you shouldn't need constant validation that you're doing something right. This is your first build dude, you're gonna make mistakes. They are YOUR mistakes to make and to learn from. Every bums you do will get better and better man. You're doing just fine though, as I said, and keep up the good work. It will all pay off when you get to hear those 8's gettin down.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived