Bigsix's beater Jeep UBL, Jeep is no more, new build in a new ride.

While I was at it, I figured the stock dome light bulbs could get tossed too, so I grabbed a couple of these from the parts store to brighten it up and make it look a bit cooler inside at night...

rearlightled-1.jpg

Super easy install, took all of 5 minutes to throw these in it...

DSCN5308.jpg

DSCN5285.jpg

DSCN5282.jpg

DSCN5281.jpg

This is where I mounted up my Scorpion volt meter, popped out the ashtray and made a little plate for it..

voltmeter2.jpg

Thats as far as I have gotten on things really...last week, I had the Jeep metered...

DSCN5237.jpg

That was good, I met and surpassed my goal of 140, but this score was with the sub wired at 2.6ohm (1.3ohm coils)..So it was really seeing maybe 1k rms at best...Now it is wired down to .65ohm and definitely sounds and feels louder... Ill be haeding back to the meter to find out just how much sometime this week.. It is definitely much more violent inside the jeep now...

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Stay Tuned for updated Term Lab numbers, and I have a bunch of video Clips I shot that I am gonna chop up and edit into one decent one worth watching...Check back often... Thanks for checking out and following along... Keep a brother in mind for this System of the month!! :drinks:

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

First try at editing anything together.... Just a little summary of the build so far, since Im sure it will constantly evolve. :drinks:

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to make the beater a little less beater I guess...or maybe more beater depending on how you look at it.. Anyway, had a couple nice days over the long weekend so I did a little bit of body work on jeep and decided I really liked how the flat black primer looked on it..so as I sanded shit and filled a few dings I just decided to prep and spray the panels down as I went...This is temporary for now, done with rattle can auto primer.. in a couple weeks it is going to my dudes garage to get sprayed with a real gun and real paint...Its also going in to get the rear tint darkened up and some tint added to the front windows soon too.. :good:

murder.jpg

murder1.jpg

murder2.jpg

murder3.jpg

murder4.jpg

:woot:

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

• 1 month later...

I get bored easily I guess. And I have decided I need a little bit of my cargo area back.....So its time to change it up.... No More SSA Xcon 18....going to be running a pair of Sundown SA 12s. Got them from a local fellow that bought them and then never did shit with them....so I traded him my 18 for the pair... we all know what an SA 12 looks like, but Imma go ahead and throw up some pics later anyway when I get home from work....Sta tuned for the new box build, might even be changing to a different amp, but that is unknown at this time....

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

• 2 weeks later...

So... since ive totally been slacking on updating anything (due to not having time to get a damn thing done) its looking like here is the plan for now...2 SA12's, in another box designed by my boy 412CVX, subs up, port back, tuned ~31ish, another kinnetik, another run of 0ga to the rear, and about 3k watts from the new amp upgrade im in the process of paying for. :peepwall: So we will see how the SA's like double rms and then some....at least re-cones are affordable..

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

• 5 weeks later...

So what was originally planned as a small sub amp upgrade has now spiralled into basically a full rebuild, new sub amp, new subs, new box, new mids n highs, new mids n highs amp.....

Pics will be soon, but for now, heres whats in the process of going into the Heep:

DAT hellfire 2500.1

(2) sundown audio sa 12's

Hifonics zx1000.2 (for mids n highs)

Oxygen Audio 3 way component set

New 'glass work for front doors

Another Kinetic HC2400

Old setups best score was an official, un-photographed 144.1 on music

Time to see if I can do better with the new gear. Pics will follow soon!!!!!

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Here's a couple quick shots of the new box:

stone1.jpg

stone2.jpg

I'll get some pics up of the process tomorrow...

Still not sold on this finish..might go for a darker with light specks in it..Dunno.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived