Second Skin Audio

BOX Build for 18" AA SMD

fidmh

What up guys. So I'm Designing a box for a 18" AA SMD I'm expecting soon. I'm going to either be powering it with a Crescendo 5500 or a DC 5k amp. I've been reading Low Power = Bigger Enclosure and High Power = Smaller Enclosure. The SMD likes 4-7 cubic feet of space. Since the subwoofer is 3500 rated rms and I'm going to be powering it with over 5k would a 4 cubic foot box be ideal or would you recommend something bigger? I'm going to be using Aeroports because I prefer them over slots ( Personal preference no reason just I like the looks I guess better ). I was thinking maybe the box be 5 cubes before subwoofer displacement which is .26 I believe which would make it about 4.75. And the additional area for ports and bring it down to about 4 cubes final. I was wondering if I should use 3 6" PVC flared, 2 8" maybe even 1 10" PvC flared. I basically would like to know how many cubes you would recommend for the subwoofer and if more smaller ports is better or less and bigger ports are better?

Thanks

Archived