Second Skin Audio

need much help on box build

Hey guys I'm in some serious held with building a box for my 2 15" audiopipe txx-bf15. The box there in now is to small about 5 cubes before ports and woofers. I'm trying to get around 7 to 8 cubes in the back of my Ford escape and I want to catch the low notes. I have been playing around with a calculater and I just don't have the knowledge to really understand it. The size of the area is 40 wide 20 to the top of the backseat and 28 to the back hatch. I'm trying to get the most spl out of my daily driver. I keep hearing terms like port noise and I'm not real sure what that is or how important it is. Rite now a lot of the lower notes aren't really hitting and I want to try to pick them up. I was told this is the place to find all the answers and I look forward to all the advice. Thanks in advanced.

How much power are you running

Port noise is when you can hear the air coming from the port

Withe the measurements u give you have about 11 cubes befor port and sub displace ment

Tune the next box you build aroun the low 33 to 30hz range and you should pick up the lows you want

Bagged 83 C10

89 K1500