Wiring Help

So my friend just got his first starter system today. He got a guy at his school to hook it up for him. All he needed was speaker wire so i gave him some. He wanted me to finish hooking it up for him its a sony xplod amp :( and hes got it running to 2 RFp2 12s. The box is a mtx box with 2 terminals. Hes got the subs wired to one terminal. The amp says its a 2/1channel so wires l+ r-. is he correct on that?

Well when i did that, nothing played, os i knew something was wrong. I looked at the amp and a fuse wasnt in. So i took it out and put it back in. A second later it popped. Im sure it blew, but whith that cheapo amp i didnt doubt it. Anyway, i replace the fuse, and try again still nothin. So i ask him if the guy who installed everything earlier plugged the rca wires and all in. he said yea but i still checked. there wasnt even pre amp outputs on his h/u. he bought my old alpine tho, and will recieve it later, but i was just curious, if i had that wired right

wiringhelp.jpg

edit: i got the r+ and r- in wrong place...

i didnt do anything inside the box, i just ran the wires from amp to terminal...

is there anything i need to fix

thanks

Lets Go Ski

Whats the VC config on the subs? According to your pics you got the amp bridged, ans the subs in serices. Just make sure the total OHM load on the amp when bridged does not go lower then 4 ohms

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

ya, u need to hook up the remote wire, ground wire, power wire, and RCA wire's to the amp? ;)

btw if it is a 2 channel, why arent u running one sub per channel??

All i did was give him wires and wire it like i thought...i never looked inside the box. He drew me a picture and i went off that

and all the wires are ran...ill take some pictures and maybe a video if it sounds decent... its not gonna be what he thinks tho..

Whats the VC config on the subs? According to your pics you got the amp bridged, ans the subs in serices. Just make sure the total OHM load on the amp when bridged does not go lower then 4 ohms

not sure, i think they are 4 ohm.

if u dont mind, just draw a pic, it will be alot easier to understand.

Lets Go Ski

Archived